Fuel level (actual) on 00 WR400

No replies to this topic
  • adrenalinejunky81

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:14 AM

This bike is driving me nuts. Can anyone give me an actual fuel level measurement that works for them using a clear tube on the drain petcock? I set the floats at 9mm, but cant get it through emmisions and response is crap. The fuel level when looked through a tube is half-2/3 up the center float bowl adapter thing on the carb (if you own one you should know what I mean). The manual (clymer) states that both floats and fuel level should be at 9mm down from bowl mount surface (mounted), but I think its a typo, the fuel level has to be a little higher...any ideas? I have replaced the needle/seat and the 0-ring but no help in sealing sooner. Im trying to chase a gremlin either here or in the TPS. If someone with an allen wrench, stock clear vent tube, and 2 minutes of theyre time could hook me up itd definitly be appreciated.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.