Green, Yellow, Red, Orange or Blue 450?

15 replies to this topic
  • Pitster

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:33 PM

How cool is it to have so many choices these days!!!
I have owned almost every MX bike there is to own, But a Green one.
But the new Green 450 has me interested, but dont know if I want to go back to a four speed.
I just sold my Red 05 450, good bike, but Im ready for a change.
I have always liked the Blue bikes except for the "top heavy" feel. Very strong engine durable and a five speed, big plus, IMO
Never been that big of a fan of Yellow.
So really it is between the Green and Blue, and ideas?
When will the blues be out?

• biznet1

Posted October 25, 2005 - 01:37 AM

All of your answers will be blue here. These guys are a loyal bunch. My guess is at best late December on the blue arrivals. I would be much more comfortable with blue than green personally because they have always been tops in reliability. I believe that the new one will be a great handling improvement over the older ones. I was impatient and bought 06 red, but I haven't been let down so far.

• flintlock28

Posted October 25, 2005 - 02:00 AM

Go with Blue, the green will have no track record (1st year design)....while the Blue will be a refined design.

• Troutman

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:42 AM

Blue, this year for sure. Maybe those other colors for the last couple of years, but you cant go wrong with blue this year for sure!!!!

• oldgoated

Posted October 25, 2005 - 06:05 AM

I think Green and Yellow have a long way to go in reliability.( read Eric Gorrs page) Blue seems to be the best so far and that is the most important thing to most .

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 25, 2005 - 06:06 AM

You could always do like me and go blue and ride yellow at the same time.
06 YZ450F SE

• skthom2320

Posted October 26, 2005 - 09:05 AM

If you're coming off a CRF and want something different, I think the RMZ is a good choice. Supposed to be the best handling of all the thumpers and I think the stock motor is comparable to a stock CRF.

I just raced at Glen Helen for the first time last weekend and the RMZ on the line next to me (for all 4 motos - we liked the same spot!) wasn't held back by his motor. The start there is a full-on 5th gear pinned drag race and he beat me to the corner 2 out of 4 times. Once out on the track it's all handling and rider skill and there's no question that those two bikes will be comparable once the suspension is set up for the rider.

I don't like the top-heavy feel and slow turning of the yammies (but the straight line stability is awesome), and the Kawasaki has no track record yet.

If you race MX and want something different, that means Suzuki to me. If you're just playing around, then just throw a dart!

• grayracer513

Posted October 26, 2005 - 09:10 AM

The word is that the '06 is much more nimble and lighter feeling than the previous models. In any case, a set of triple clamps will fix the "top heavy feel" to a very large degree.

The only way I'd go with yellow over blue is a Limited Edition YZ450F. No contest, nothing to think about.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted October 26, 2005 - 04:44 PM

Go Yellow!!!!!! That is a yellow Yamaha.The durability of the bikes speakes for themselves.

• ibleedblu

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:39 PM

I'm going BLUE, just sold 03 WR 450 that i never had a single problem with, & have a 06 yz450 BOUGHT AND PAID FOR just waiting for it to get here....... Cant wait :banghead:

• odlaw19

Posted November 17, 2005 - 11:12 PM

You could always do like me and go blue and ride yellow at the same time.
06 YZ450F SE

Doesn't BLUE and YELLOW make green...?????? :applause: :ride:

But a Yellow Blue would be nice! (06 YZ450F SE)

• kizzle426

Posted November 17, 2005 - 11:19 PM

smartass :p

• yzkid999

Posted November 18, 2005 - 06:28 AM

hahahahahah lol good point :p

• Open_Class

Posted November 18, 2005 - 06:59 AM

Go with Blue, the green will have no track record (1st year design)....while the Blue will be a refined design.

As a point of fact, the Kawi is not a first year design on the engine, and the Yamaha is not a refinement.

Kawi has been developing the engine since 01 (there a good article somewhere), and racing it in Japan and Europe for over a year. They had some development issues and resolved them.

Yamaha, has all new cases to support a 5th gear and the fact that they made the barrel more straight up and down. As this might not seem a significant thing to you, it is not trivial.

The reliability f either of these machines will be determined over the next year.

my .02, and it works fro me.

• lumpy790

Posted November 18, 2005 - 08:25 AM

I think Green and Yellow have a long way to go in reliability.( read Eric Gorrs page) Blue seems to be the best so far and that is the most important thing to most .

Where can I find the Eric Gorr page??? Is it here some where at TT?

• Open_Class

Posted November 18, 2005 - 08:38 AM

Mr. Gorr has no data points on the 06 models, he is referring to the 04/05's, and he has a bit to say about the YF250Fs as well.

If you have not been up close to the 06 KXFs yet, you should. The fit and finish is the best I have seen on any MX bike to date, including my previously owned Hondas (which I thing went backwards from 04 to 05).

As I stated, reliability on the 06s will be determined over time.

Kawasaki has stepped up their game in 06, and it clearly shows.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.