Spark Arrestor 00' YZ 426 ??????

5 replies to this topic

Posted October 24, 2005 - 06:54 AM

I have a YZ 426 with a stock exhaust. It does not have a spark arrestor. I noticed that you can buy a spark arr. on the Yam. web site. Does anyone know if you can just remove the muffler tail cap and slide that "cone style" spark arrester in the muffler and then just put the muffler tail cap back on. OR do I have to buy a whole new muffler system??? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

• Doug Shepherd

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:31 AM

I bought a pro-billet silencer/spark arrestor for my 426. It went on easy. It was the whole end. NOT a new exhaust.

• Dano426

Posted October 24, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Check out the web site for info

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goosedog

Posted October 24, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Promoto endcap :banghead:

• cowboyona426

Posted October 25, 2005 - 01:48 PM

The sparky on the Yamaha site is for their GYT-R performance exhaust, not your stocker. Your cheapest option would be the PMB as already suggested.

• Kurt Meyer

Posted October 26, 2005 - 11:04 AM

I currently have a complete 2004 YZ450 Exhaust pipe with the Pro Moto Billet Endcap already installed that I'm willing to sell for a reasonable price. Contact me if you're interested. It also has the quiet core insert. Kurt Meyer.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.