Head lights

8 replies to this topic
  • al_piv

Posted October 24, 2005 - 06:54 AM

I have seen the BD cyclops headlights, yet there must be a cheaper solution:
here is a photo I found, one of the bikes has dual head lights and the other, rear-left has a single headlight...
Any clues
Posted Image

• al_piv

Posted October 25, 2005 - 06:37 AM

Found a solution -- In the mid to late 70's BMW's came with a shollow headlight with two bolts on either side and mounted to the forks -- Found one on E-bay yet was out of luck.

Still searching.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:39 AM

what exactly are you looking for? a cheap dual beam head light or what?

• supaflyryan

Posted October 25, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Acerbis makes a bunch of aftermarket dual and single beam headlights, most of which are under $100. I don't think there is any better "cheaper solution." They are ready to go out of the box and you can run higher wattage bulbs for even brighter beam patterns in some of them. They're worth a look.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:29 PM

yeah...waht ever u want is gonna be about 80-120

• Naru

Posted October 25, 2005 - 09:09 PM

I don't know if it would quality as 'cheap', but Trailtech makes small HID lights in MR11 and MR16 sizes, with the latter having an integrated ballast. For the MR16, it draws 30w with ~100w output. They run $150 apiece ($100 for MR11), but considering what BD charges for their Tecate light, it isn't that bad. I'm going to run 3 as a mini 'light bar' above the headlight assembly (2 spots, 1 pencil) when their next shipment comes in early December. If you were looking for a cheap mounting option for the above lights, Precision Concepts makes a ODO relocation bracket for ~$10 that would work as a mount for one light.

• al_piv

Posted October 26, 2005 - 09:23 AM

Naru: only problem is they are not DOT approved. or at least they do not state it if they are.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 26, 2005 - 12:13 PM

Naru: only problem is they are not DOT approved. or at least they do not state it if they are.

Ya knowk if you get pulled over and the cop says ok, lets do the equipment dance, your converted stock headlight will do anything he wants it to do with that conversion thing I sent you from fourstrokesonly.com...

Just wipe the "NOT" in NOT DOT approved off the back with some Acetone and you're good to go... :banghead:

No?

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 26, 2005 - 05:15 PM

yes officer, my low beams are just so low you cant see them.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.