Kouba Link for RMZ450

9 replies to this topic
  • Burrito913

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:15 PM

I love my RMZ450 .. but at times being 5'8 can be a drag and with my SDG Hump seat it isn't any lower .. I was thinking about getting the kouba link - www.koubalink.com

what do you guys think ?

• ryan imrie

Posted October 23, 2005 - 07:01 PM

I'm about 5'6" and have the same problem but I'm concerned that it will change the geometry too much.

• Chillwabbitt

Posted December 21, 2005 - 06:02 AM

Ha this is funny cause I was thinking the same thing and I'm 5'7 what are the odds of a height diff so close. Sorry I just thought it was funny, by the way do you know if Ricky is using one cause he's a short a$$ too ?

• Joe_Jet

Posted December 23, 2005 - 02:32 PM

I would get the SDG step seat instead of the link. The lowering link will change the handling.

• RM4Life

Posted December 23, 2005 - 03:04 PM

I am going to have the same problem, (5'8) so I am thinking of trying this:

http://www.transworl...,633046,00.html

• motomandan

Posted December 23, 2005 - 05:16 PM

I just ordered the SDG step seat from www.motosport.com I couldn't get a responce to verify the 05 and 06 seats are the same, but ordered anyway.
Seat height is only a factor when you stop. Don't stop.

• mx201

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:14 PM

do you guys really have that much of a problem. I'm 5'2 and i was thinking about getting rmz450 , i already have a ktm 125 and i would be switching back and farth but wat are the biggest complaints you have about the bike!!!
Thank you
Anthony

• motomandan

Posted December 23, 2005 - 06:26 PM

I have no complaints. I love this bike. It has so much bottom end, and with the Pro Circuit pipe, it's a monster. I am getting the step seat to keep me forward in the corners. I am 5' 7 ", and have no problem with height. I had a CRF 450, and this bike is so much faster. Not saying it has more power, or anything, not sure of dyno power. but it hooks up and goes, it corners, and tracts. My lap times are way better.

• CZ Rider

Posted January 04, 2006 - 11:22 AM

Has anyone try the kouba link yet, if so please let me know how it work out.

Thanks

• ROBERTS053

Posted January 06, 2006 - 04:58 AM

The engineers at Suzuki spinet a lot of time working on the link and revised it for 06. I would be afraid of changing the geometry of the shock. The 06 tracks so much better & hadels braking bumps better than the 05 I jest would not try it. I am 5'-8" and have no problems with it being to tall.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.