XR650L cutting out?

6 replies to this topic
  • azmos

Posted October 23, 2005 - 04:30 PM

Houston I'm having a problem! I just put on a smog block off kit and a new pipe (WB E2) on the pig. I haven't yet jetted it and it still has the stock filter on it also the bike only has 800 miles on it. It ran fine for about 15 miles I stopped to put in gas, I took off and as soon as I start hitting high REVS it acts like it's running out of fuel and starts bogging and cutting off. Does anyone have any advice on what 's going wrong?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:07 AM

Yes, its way too lean. Perhaps you've bunged something by running it too lean.

D

• Motosprtman

Posted October 24, 2005 - 10:33 AM

almost anytime you change the pipe your gonna have to rejet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted October 24, 2005 - 11:10 AM

comes too lean from factory, then with the pipe change, definitely way too lean ... probably runs smoother on 1/2 choke, too ... always a telltale sign :banghead:

• azmos

Posted October 24, 2005 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the help

• azmos

Posted October 24, 2005 - 03:42 PM

Unbelievable,
Took it out for a ride today, started its cutting out and crap for about a mile and then mysteriously went away. I got the bike nice and hot and nothing happened. Just rode great. I guess it's FM.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 24, 2005 - 04:56 PM

You may have had a random piece of crap that shook loose when you were messing with the block off kit on that plugged something that had to pass all the way through.

Id bet its still too lean tho...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.