WR450 Big Boar Kit?

6 replies to this topic
  • nels curnow

Posted October 23, 2005 - 01:59 PM

I have a 03 WR 450 with @ 2000 fairly hard miles & I can't keep the intake valves in spec, I am thinking of rebuilding and moving to a big boar. I finished the 6 days of MI ride in Aug. and have been having difficulty since. I am thinking the 5th gear road sections may have been hard on it.

Does anyone have any experience with a kit that is better than another, I want to keep the great general reliability the WR has had, but would also like even more umph.

• goodluckmonkey

Posted October 23, 2005 - 02:27 PM

Posted Image

• ISBB

Posted October 23, 2005 - 02:27 PM

Click for big bore surprise..

Yes its a legit link to a big bore motor builder for you cryining virus worrying ninnnys...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted October 23, 2005 - 02:35 PM

2000 seems like pretty low miles for a rebuild, even if hard ones, for an 03. :banghead:

• N7SLC

Posted October 23, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Hit up INDYWR450....his is a 490 and it's awesome. :banghead:

Although I do agree with another poster...2K miles seems low even for
"hard" miles.

• Gadsen

Posted October 23, 2005 - 04:54 PM

Valves going too tight? This may be stems stretching which will lead to valve tulips falling into the cylinder. But 2000 miles is too early for this? When you shim it, do you roll it over quite a bit with the plug out to settle everything in place and then check?

• simon@vic

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:58 PM

2000 or 20 000?

i have 50 000+km om my org rings..............490 soon :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.