Stolen bike 2004 yz450f

18 replies to this topic
  • saucebox

Posted October 23, 2005 - 10:29 AM

My bike was stolen 10-20-05 in Minot North Dakota. Its a 2004 yz450f with stock graphics, carbon fiber fork gaurds, renethal fat bars, universal tripple clamp, maxxis IT back tire and the exhaust is cut 4 inches. I'll post the VIN as soon as i get a hold of my parents. 500 dollar reward for the recovery of it. and another 500 for the prossecution of the low life that stole it.

• tp3dxf

Posted October 23, 2005 - 12:00 PM

Probably some low life tweeker type scum bag. Post the vin soon and check e-bay often.

I hope you find the POS that stole your bike.

• Jetsprint2

Posted October 23, 2005 - 05:18 PM

That is bad news, sorry about your loss. I hope you get the bike back, check all ads and shops in your area- inform everyone put up fliers in dealerships and bike shops. Good luck, hope you get it back.

• 00yzryder

Posted October 23, 2005 - 07:48 PM

**** i hate ppl like that. ppl like well u (im 18 and my mom bbought my bike) are probably hard working, working 9-5 and after a few months of saving are able to buy a bike, just to have it stolen by some low life punk ass who wants free shit!!!! personally i think we should go back to the old system of punishment. maybe ppl will be scared to steal then. and by old i mean if u get caught stealin, we take a finger, the second time, a hand, well the third ur gone. man i could go on and on about this shit and how it pisses me off. well gl on finding it man. sorry to hear about it

• dmoney2023

Posted October 23, 2005 - 08:08 PM

That's crap!!! I've been wondering if I should lock my bike when I take it out places. I mean you run in a grocery store and you could come out to an empty trailer.

• BergArabia

Posted October 24, 2005 - 07:37 AM

That's crap!!! I've been wondering if I should lock my bike when I take it out places. I mean you run in a grocery store and you could come out to an empty trailer.

I live in Dubai where almost nothing gets stolen and I wouldn't walk away from my trailer to take a piss without locking the bike to the trailer and the trailer to the hitch..

There is just something about an MX bike it is kind of like it is calling out to the low life's. "come and take me.. it is easy see no key just take me"...

I hope you get your bike back mate..

• saucebox

Posted October 24, 2005 - 02:26 PM

Great news guys. My bike was recovered by the police last night. Nothing was taken off it. Someone found it stuffed in some trees down by the river just a couple blocks from where it was stolen. No leads as to who stole it yet and it only cost me 60 bucks to get it out of the impound.. wouldnt have cost me anything but i was going door to door asking the neighbors if they happend to see anything that night and i didnt have my cell on me when the cops tried calling me.

• schuon

Posted October 24, 2005 - 02:58 PM

glad you found it If I were you and I knew who it was I'd be jumping their car with the bike. Who ever stole it is a jerk, low life piece of scum.

• Doug997

Posted October 26, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Get the VIN # posted ASAP. If you're a member with the AMA or an other organization, post the information ASAP.

Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted October 26, 2005 - 06:12 PM

Get the VIN # posted ASAP. If you're a member with the AMA or an other organization, post the information ASAP.

Good luck.

You didn't read all the posts, did you? I think they found it.

• saucebox

Posted October 26, 2005 - 07:21 PM

You didn't read all the posts, did you? I think they found it.

took it for its first ride today.

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 27, 2005 - 04:26 AM

I would guess a kid or kid-like adult (or group of same) was to blame. If it were stolen to sell or for parts I would expect it to be long gone. Great to hear you got it back, ride safe!!!

• BergArabia

Posted October 27, 2005 - 11:00 AM

Great news guys. My bike was recovered by the police last night. Nothing was taken off it. Someone found it stuffed in some trees down by the river just a couple blocks from where it was stolen. No leads as to who stole it yet and it only cost me 60 bucks to get it out of the impound.. wouldnt have cost me anything but i was going door to door asking the neighbors if they happend to see anything that night and i didnt have my cell on me when the cops tried calling me.

great news... :banghead: :banghead:

• saucebox

Posted October 27, 2005 - 11:05 AM

I would guess a kid or kid-like adult (or group of same) was to blame. If it were stolen to sell or for parts I would expect it to be long gone. Great to hear you got it back, ride safe!!!

i'm thinking so too but the weird thing is my friends kx 250 was stolen at the same time out of the same yard and that is still missing. my guess is it was some kids or some idiots that stole it and couldnt get my 450 started so they left it behind

• mangler

Posted October 27, 2005 - 12:10 PM

lol maybe not doing the auto-decomp is a securty system preventing the stupid from grabbing it :banghead:

• BlueRide

Posted October 28, 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'm sure it was just some weak-ass dope head who never played sports and doesnt have the muscle to stomp on a 450 kickstarter. He probably pushed it a block and was so winded and tired he couldn't pull out the kickstarter. Yet another obscure reason 4-strokes are better then 2 strokes. :banghead:

• saucebox

Posted April 09, 2007 - 07:12 PM

even better news!#@$ I have been watching the classifieds and keeping an eye out for my friends kx 250 and found it last night. He had lost his bill of sale with the vin number on it and we are trying to get it back at the moment. The police are trying to get me to ID detailed things on it. All of the plastic has been changed, and new handle bars have been put on it. Thankfully the guy trying to sell it had a picture of it with all the old plastic on it and still has the old plastic or I wouldnt have been able to ID by anything other than the seat cover and the fact that he was like yeah I picked it up from a guy about a year ago and he didnt know much about it said it was in storage for a long time but it seems to have a new clutch in it because there are shavings in the oil and that reminded me that we had just put a new clutch basket and plates in it that had maybe 10 hours of riding on it before it was stolen. I am trying to find pictures and video of the bike for evidence since we cannot locate any documentation of the VIN. wish me luck guys!

• BergArabia

Posted April 15, 2007 - 09:41 AM

Luck.. Yeah well you have had plenty of that..
Bad luck getting them stolen in the first place..
And good luck getting them back..
But I do wish you much more of the latter form of luck...
Hope you and your freind enjoy many hours of riding them both..

• LostG8R2002

Posted April 16, 2007 - 01:09 PM

You may want to look into insurance for that bike though.... I pay $150 a year to insure my two dirtbikes against theft and to me, that's $150 a year for peace of mind since dirtbikes are such a target at times. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.