Help Me Please!

10 replies to this topic
  • YFZDuNeR

Posted October 22, 2005 - 05:03 PM

I have an 06 WR450 that won't go up a hill the my dad's 02 WR426 will. My throttle only seems to have a quarter turn compared to the 02. Is there something I can do to give it more throttle? Thanks in advance.

• clark4131

Posted October 22, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Yeah...do a search for "free mods"...SC

• 450high

Posted October 22, 2005 - 08:43 PM

You probably need to change or cut the throttle stop bolt as they come out longer in some country so they don't rev to hard as to pass e.p.a tests.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 22, 2005 - 08:46 PM

Throttle stop.... :banghead:

• byggd

Posted October 23, 2005 - 03:57 AM

I have an 06 WR450 that won't go up a hill the my dad's 02 WR426 will. My throttle only seems to have a quarter turn compared to the 02. Is there something I can do to give it more throttle? Thanks in advance.

Check out this site. It was written for an 03 but most still applies and it has a good picture of the throttle stop mod.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMathis

Posted October 23, 2005 - 04:12 PM

Do the throttle stop mod and be ready for the ride of your life. If you like the 06 the way it is, wait until you actually unleash those horses. :banghead:

• ARin

Posted October 24, 2005 - 12:00 AM

most of the late model wr's are pathetic performers in their "corked up" stock configuration...

read a little, and uncork your bike.

• rtrolli69

Posted October 24, 2005 - 08:36 PM

get on here and research the free mods the dealer should have done!!re jet,pipe and let the big blue dog out to start barking!!

• YFZDuNeR

Posted October 25, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. My bike flies now. Now, how do I open up the 02 WR426. We know about the cam timing, the airbox and the baffle. Thanks.

• byggd

Posted October 25, 2005 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. My bike flies now. Now, how do I open up the 02 WR426. We know about the cam timing, the airbox and the baffle. Thanks.

I installed a 03 yz 450 ex cam. It gives the bike auto decompression and yz timing.....it's by far one of the best mods you can do :banghead: If you haven't already, disconnect the Gray wire that retards the timing after 1/2 throttle and it will have a top end hit that is almost scary :banghead: Another mod I'm getting ready to do to my bike is the BK mod. from what I've read, another one of the best mods you can do. You can ready about it here

• YFZDuNeR

Posted October 25, 2005 - 05:13 PM

I installed a 03 yz 450 ex cam. It gives the bike auto decompression and yz timing.....it's by far one of the best mods you can do :banghead: If you haven't already, disconnect the Gray wire that retards the timing after 1/2 throttle and it will have a top end hit that is almost scary :banghead: Another mod I'm getting ready to do to my bike is the BK mod. from what I've read, another one of the best mods you can do. You can ready about it here

Thanks for all the good info. Now dad won't be too far in the dust.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.