There are 2 types of Bike owners........

59 replies to this topic
  • BRP-rider

Posted October 22, 2005 - 04:05 PM

There are 2 types of bike owners...........

The ones who spend their time modifying/messing with their bike..... :busted: :busted:

And the ones who spend their time riding their bike..... :lol: :banghead:

And then there are also XR600/650 riders..... :busted:

And then there are riders who wish they were XR600/650 riders..... :busted: :banghead:

• BWB63

Posted October 22, 2005 - 04:21 PM

I think you left out the third type of rider.

More reliable, running cooler (Uncork, jetted right for where they ride)

The one that modifies thier bike so they can ride longer, (bigger gas tank, better carburation {this goes for the "L" as well})

Faster (removing the restrictors, uncorking, different gearing)

Stronger/more power for climbing hills and winning races. (Cam, Piston, carburetor, valve train)

Better traction (Better tires for where they ride)

Better suspension because they ride more then fire roads.

Ya, you got your little stir stick out and tried to stir the pot but, it's about to become frozen where you live. Poser :banghead: If you realy knew how to ride you would want to modify the bike for your riding ability. But, stock is good enough for most that don't modify. The fact is those that don't can't ride a modified bike, they can't use what stock has to offer

A stock bike can't do this very well:
Video

Oh, wait this is another "L" rider? Oh, that says it all. :banghead:

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 22, 2005 - 05:01 PM

There are 2 types of bike owners...........

The ones who spend their time modifying/messing with their bike..... :lol: :busted:

And the ones who spend their time riding their bike..... :banghead: :banghead:

And then there are also XR600/650 riders..... :busted:

And then there are riders who wish they were XR600/650 riders..... :lol: :crazy:

This just is not true. I modify and I spend more time riding than the average ride and park type rider.

One thing you got right is XR650 riders are a different breed than the panty waist I gotta have a 150 pound bike that goes fast riders. It seems those panty waist missed the last evolutionary jump forward. :lol: :lol: :busted: :busted:

• Mescalero

Posted October 22, 2005 - 07:34 PM

:banghead: :banghead:

• Eric Henion

Posted October 22, 2005 - 08:23 PM

Although there are two types of riders BRP owners and non BRP owners.

There are really three types of riders;
1. Those who have crashed
2. Those who will crash
3. Those who have crashed and will crash again

Unfortunately I am in category three.

• BRP-rider

Posted October 22, 2005 - 08:33 PM

I am also in category 3. :banghead:

No pain, no gain. :banghead:

• wickedsprint

Posted October 22, 2005 - 08:42 PM

There are two types of bike owners, those who think there are two types of bike owners..and those who don't.

• kevin nichols

Posted October 22, 2005 - 08:52 PM

If you never crash you ride too slow. You have to push the limits to be a success.

• BlueBayou

Posted October 22, 2005 - 10:22 PM

No pain, no gain. :banghead:

http://us.st5.yimg.c...rs_1862_4393234

i love that poster.

• 00yzryder

Posted October 22, 2005 - 10:37 PM

go big or go home!!!! im in cat 3 and btw i spend days riding and nights fixing when i need too

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GrayGhost

Posted October 23, 2005 - 07:04 AM

Cat 3 Here, Just remember, "the faster you ride fast, the faster you will ride faster"

• Xr650rhonda

Posted October 23, 2005 - 07:38 AM

A stock bike can't do this very well:
Video

Wow, great pictures!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:32 PM

yeah, im the kinda guy that spends about as much time modifying/cleaning/babying my bike as i do ridin it.

• TimBrp

Posted October 24, 2005 - 06:20 AM

My XR has about $5k worth of goodies on her and none of them are useless. I have the stock exhaust and motor too. I love to wrench on it and spending time in the garage. However, I also have 3,000 miles logged on the BRP just for this year. About 95% trail.

• Motosprtman

Posted October 24, 2005 - 10:38 AM

could be like the HD guys and strut around in leathers and a doo rag.... ooooohhhh - ahhhhhhhh LMAO....

• Hd_hubub

Posted October 24, 2005 - 01:04 PM

Another Cat 3 guy here.

35% wrenching/65% riding. Although I'll admit wrenching gives me great satisfaction when the mod or tweak performed improves the riding experience. The wrenching due to broken parts because I am a Cat 3 rider, not so satisfying.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:49 AM

Another Cat 3 guy here.

35% wrenching/65% riding. Although I'll admit wrenching gives me great satisfaction when the mod or tweak performed improves the riding experience. The wrenching due to broken parts because I am a Cat 3 rider, not so satisfying.

yeah, i not much of a fan of changing oil/washing/changing tires/etc. but when it comes to that 675cc piston and bore, im all over it.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 25, 2005 - 08:51 AM

could be like the HD guys and strut around in leathers and a doo rag.... ooooohhhh - ahhhhhhhh LMAO....

i dont know, my dad is a "harley guy" and i have never seen him in leather or god forbid....a doo rag :banghead: :banghead: :lol:

• Baja Rudy

Posted October 25, 2005 - 09:52 AM

One more type of rider:

Those that spend too much time "bench racing" on the computer...bla bla bla. If you are reading this then you must not be riding your red pig. :banghead:

• ghoti

Posted October 25, 2005 - 12:09 PM

Hey Baja Rudy take that, (your avatar), off a sweet jump?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.