WR400 4.0 gallon tank for sale

3 replies to this topic
  • KerryT

Posted August 21, 2001 - 10:02 AM

FOR SALE: I have a IMS 4.0 gallon gas tank that was on my '99 WR 400. It fits the standard WR seat not the yz seat. Color is matching blue. It bolts up nicely with the stock seat and radiator shrouds. I even installed a petcock on ot so it is easy to swap out with the stock tank. I used it for about 8 rides and it is in good shape with no graphics or stickers on it.

It is a little wider and taller then the stock WR tank but what do you expect for a full 4 gallons! Great for long rides where you need the extra range.

I bought it for about $180. Will take the best offer.
EMAIL me @:

• KerryT

Posted August 24, 2001 - 10:15 AM

No, really guys who needs big tank? Doesen't anybody do long desert rides or something?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big_G

Posted August 24, 2001 - 03:08 PM

Ohhhhhh fine.....ya I'm kinda interested. Can you tell me anything about the fit with the stock seat, guards, rads....all that stuff. Seems like a mixed review from what others have said. I looked at the IMS website which only has a (useless) top view so, can you shed some insight. That and well...why are you dumping it?? Is it just too huge?? Just wondering since your gettin rid of it and nobody seems all that interested. Anyway...If you still have it, let me know and maybe we can work a deal.

'99 WR400 with CA plates...ooooh yeah!!!

• KerryT

Posted August 27, 2001 - 05:24 AM

I just don't use it any more because I don't go on long rides like I used to. And the wife wants me to clean out the garage.

This picture can explain it better then I can. Go to www.bajadesigns.com then click on gastanks then on Yamaha (it's on the left) and scroll down a little. Click on the picture to see the big picture.

[This message has been edited by KerryT (edited August 27, 2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.