06450 prices what are you seeing out there

13 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 20, 2005 - 09:10 AM

YZF 450 Blue list for $6899
YZF 450 Limited list for $7199.

What are you all being quoted? Just curious on the ranges....

I am seeing an average of around 6300 OTD on the Blue & 6500 OTD on the yellow.....in the southeast. I am sure there are better/lower prices out there
6100 Blue/6299 yellow in MS at Lakehill :banghead:

.....as well as higher for you west coast riders.... :lol:

By the way delivery dates are in for the 1st or 2nd week in November :banghead:

• SCIENCE

Posted October 20, 2005 - 10:18 AM

The prices you listed are close to those I could have gotten in the Mid Atlantic. Blue $6250 OTD/Yellow $6450. I think ,if you wait awhile that you'll be able to get even better deals as Yamaha is way late to the party w/this model & the undecided buyers will all be on Yellow/Red/Green & Orange for up to six months before the YZF's are available!
What's another month, when you've been waiting 1/2 of a year?

• SureBlue

Posted October 20, 2005 - 11:14 AM

I'm going to pay EUR 7200,- OTD with taxes, list price is around EUR 8500,-.

By the way delivery dates are in for the 1st or 2nd week in November :banghead:

Where did you get this info, Sir? I still believe in the official release date November 25 so the bikes are there mid December, this is backed up from several countries at least here in Europe. :banghead:

I think ,if you wait awhile that you'll be able to get even better deals as Yamaha is way late to the party w/this model & the undecided buyers will all be on Yellow/Red/Green & Orange for up to six months before the YZF's are available!
What's another month, when you've been waiting 1/2 of a year?

Rumours also tell you'll be having hard time to get any if you don't order one in time, the '07 model production is soon there already... and factory guys know they have been out late and many buyers have looked elsewhere.
But the guessing and waiting is over soon, thank Lord.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 20, 2005 - 12:11 PM

1st point: The 426's-450's have always come out at this time of year....nothing new...I do not see it as they have dropped the ball.....the other manufacturers always release earlier...good bad or indifferent...

2nd point:I got the data on expected delivery date to the dealers from 2 different dealers in the southeast USA...The 250F are in or in transit right now....
The 450's I am being told are due 1st half of Nov. This could be wrong as it has been before..

At this point I am interested in the prices dealers are selling for. :banghead:

thanks

• SC7

Posted October 20, 2005 - 12:12 PM

Where did you hear 1st or 2nd week in Nov. My dealer told me don't look for bike till around mid December, if then. I've got money down, and am first on the list, but now been quoted a better price on a 06 RM-Z 450. Went and checked it out, feels really comfortable, but I'm not sure. I know Yz's history, and 06's look great, so might end up waiting.

• jjcmx05

Posted October 20, 2005 - 12:24 PM

i was told december as well!!

• Ga426owner

Posted October 20, 2005 - 12:27 PM

What the heck price are you being quoted...geeze!!!! :banghead:

Call around as I did for availability.... :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SCIENCE

Posted October 20, 2005 - 04:26 PM

D,

I was quoted $6250 OTD for a blue one. However, I decided not to wait and bought a CRF450.

As I stated, I think that you may be able to do better if you're willing to wait for the 3rd or 4th one your dealer gets in. W/all the major players already out Yamaha probably will be incentivizing(sp) their dealers before spring.

• Reyndogg

Posted October 20, 2005 - 04:31 PM

eh... a number between what i can get it on the internet from motorcycle-brokers.com and msrp, otd.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 20, 2005 - 05:38 PM

$7099 OTD here in Oregon is what I was quoted for mine. I was told most likely December but maybe November. Cant wait for Christmas!

• xtreme165

Posted October 21, 2005 - 07:37 AM

I was just told not till January from a big dealer here in Western Pa for a 450! This is when they expect there first 450 as it keep's getting pushed back?

• Satch0922

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:00 AM

just think....you guys that HAD to have a new bike so bad that you bought a CRF because you couldn't wait ......by the time your valves zero out for the first time the rest of the guys will have their 06 YZF's ! LMAO :banghead:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:28 AM

I was actually considering getting a CRF450 for a second bike until I kept reading about all the reliability issues with Honda. I am willing to wait now for my YZF.

• SCIENCE

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:45 AM

just think....you guys that HAD to have a new bike so bad that you bought a CRF because you couldn't wait ......by the time your valves zero out for the first time the rest of the guys will have their 06 YZF's ! LMAO :banghead:

Don't forget that I will been able to ride/race all fall and probably all winter by the time you guys have your YZF's! I'm on my second CRF and while I know some have had valve issues, I had zero on my '04 and intend on the being strict w/the maintenance on my '06.
As I stated many times, I really wanted to get an '06 YZF. I just didn't want to wait. If I could have two bikes, a YZ 250 would have been in the shed to hold me over!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.