yz engine in a WR?

1 reply to this topic
  • jevc

Posted October 20, 2005 - 07:51 AM

I recently had a major blowout on my 2002 wr 426. threw the rod thru the crank case. top end above the piston still looks good but the cylinder is broke and the crank is chewed up and a hole ion the crank case. looks ugly. I am looking for a new bottom end or maybe a new engine if I can find one. I have found a couyple yz motors but have not located a wr motor. What are the differences other than gearing? I like the wr gearing. can I swap out the gears if I use a yz?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 20, 2005 - 08:01 AM

Gearing, flywheel, cdi, no mag for lights. Not sure if you can make the wr cdi box work or if you can put the WR mag/flywheel on if you use the WR side cover. Anyone?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.