Timing Chain

2 replies to this topic
  • vincegatcore.com

Posted August 21, 2001 - 02:33 AM

I am currently insde my motor (help!!)
and want to know how difficult it is to replace my timing chain?

can it be removed without spliting cases?

I'm doin a top end, and noticed a kink in my timing chain.

p.s. NO I am not being lazy, a stray cat got in my shed and pissed all over my manual. :)
I cant even get near it without gaging. :D

feel free to laugh at my expense all my friends have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted August 21, 2001 - 04:18 AM

Vince,
You will have to pull the flywheel. You will need a flywheel puller and some way to hold the flywheel stationary, either a flywheel holder or a strap wrench OR you may be able to do it by putting the bike in first gear, and have someone hold the rear brake on.

A stray cat once pissed on my [cloth] pouch for my wrenches, while my tools rested peacefully in my garage. That is one kind of cologne I wouldn't wear, cat piss! Nasty $h*t.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• tjbm03

Posted August 21, 2001 - 05:14 AM

Its possible,but not easy.
You have to bend the plastic chainguide away.
I don´t realy remember how I did, but its possible...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.