Handlebars. All you guy's over 6ft

33 replies to this topic
  • oldbones

Posted October 21, 2005 - 07:06 PM

Good reports

And, do the risers feel stout enough for moderate (40-50') jumping on the mx track?

I think they are plenty stout. You WON'T break the riser, but if you crash hard enough, I suppose you could shear off a bolt or two. Your bars would probably break first.

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted October 24, 2005 - 07:59 AM

well i must say @ 6'1" im pretty happy with the button bend renthals, i wouldnt mind them to be a lil more forward but i think there 95% better then stcok bars. im not sure how confortable theyd be with any one taller then 6'-6'2, i think the bar risers would work out much better then the button bends for n-e body taller then that..

• vector6

Posted October 24, 2005 - 08:17 AM

I run Flexx bars ontop of a GPR Version 2 ..

• bigdrtrdr

Posted November 01, 2005 - 08:39 PM

By the way, all stock cables and wires are long enough for these risers. Install took 5 minutes. I ordered them about 9-10 days ago, and just got them today.

Thanks Bones, Got em Yesterday, Where have these things been all my Tall Assed life!
Eric

• Matty05

Posted November 02, 2005 - 03:23 AM

well i must say @ 6'1" im pretty happy with the button bend renthals, i wouldnt mind them to be a lil more forward but i think there 95% better then stcok bars. im not sure how confortable theyd be with any one taller then 6'-6'2, i think the bar risers would work out much better then the button bends for n-e body taller then that..

I am happy with my Jimmy's too. I am about 6'2" - 6'3". They are a great bend with not much sweep at all. I too wouldn't mind them a bit more forward, I run mine tilted forward a fair bit.

• CRAZY_CARL

Posted July 29, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does anybody have the link for the riser blocks. It seems the old link doesn't work any more. Thanks

• oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:17 PM

TT, why did you blank out the web address to these great bar risers? They were'nt advertising here, just word of mouth. There are TT members looking for this great product, and you are blocking them from finding it just because you can't find a way to make some money off the transaction. I think that sucks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:20 PM

http://www.*********...****/index.html

Found em. I am in no way associated with this company. I don't know anyone that is. I asked around for a good solution for my bike on TT, and someone suggested these. I bought them and love them.

• oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:21 PM

Hm, ok, the new web address is also *******'d out.

How bout this...http://www.b a r r isersonline.com/index.html

If there are any spaces in the above address, you may have to take them out.

• oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:22 PM

or, I guess you could just search for "bar risers online"...

• Punisher660

Posted August 02, 2006 - 08:39 AM

I tried to upload pictures, but photobucket is down right now.

A fellow TTer had the perfect setup that I wish I had gone with. He had pictures and I copied them (but can't post right now). He used a Scotts sub mount damper/tower with the bar risers and the stock tripple clamp.

Basically grind off the casting on the back of the tripple clamp and install the Scotts as a normal sub mount - using the risers, he had enough clearance to put his pro tapers on.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 02, 2006 - 08:59 AM

I tried to upload pictures, but photobucket is down right now.

A fellow TTer had the perfect setup that I wish I had gone with. He had pictures and I copied them (but can't post right now). He used a Scotts sub mount damper/tower with the bar risers and the stock tripple clamp.

Basically grind off the casting on the back of the tripple clamp and install the Scotts as a normal sub mount - using the risers, he had enough clearance to put his pro tapers on.

Thats my setup, I'll see if I can did up the old post. It has a link to the pics.
Byggd posted them for me.

Eric

• bigdrtrdr

Posted August 02, 2006 - 09:11 AM

See the Scotts damper follow up post.

• Punisher660

Posted August 02, 2006 - 12:09 PM

Thats a sweet setup. I ended up just doing a BRP sub mount kit, but I wish I would have done your setup....I need the bars farther foreward.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.