Secruing your beast

7 replies to this topic
  • nurooi

Posted October 19, 2005 - 03:05 AM

Hi All,

I was wondering what measues you folk use to secure your ride while not in use. We tend to do alot of trial riding and then stop for lunch etc. Where I come from things go missing quite quickly and short of me chaining the bike to my leg was wondering what other relatively cheap measures other riders use.

Thanks in advance.

• AntiUrban

Posted October 19, 2005 - 05:13 AM

I have used a keyed padlock that I put on one of the holes in the front rotor that prevents someone from easily riding off with the bike.

• ETP

Posted October 19, 2005 - 06:25 AM

I chain my bike to the side of the garage with a pad lock to minimize the ability of a lowlife :banghead: casual passer to walk/ride off with it.
When on the road, I use a short cable with a combo lock and tie it to something or another bike. I decided to go this route because its light, and the rotor type locks are heavier to carry around in my fender pack. (anything with any weight eventually gets destroyed in the fender pack).

• minion

Posted October 19, 2005 - 06:28 AM

I have used a keyed padlock that I put on one of the holes in the front rotor that prevents someone from easily riding off with the bike.

I use a similar idea - its a bike disc lock, thats really thick, and has a nice bright springy cable that goes up to the clutch, to let people know a brake lock is there.

I think that the indicator is important, otherwise you'll have some idiot trying to jump on your bike, peel away, and then wreck your bike when that thing makes one revolution. The only satisfaction I'd have out of that scenario is running over to the wreckage and kicking that :banghead: until my foot hurt. :banghead:

:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe Reitman

Posted October 19, 2005 - 01:36 PM

Same here. :banghead:

• dirtysouth

Posted October 20, 2005 - 07:01 PM

:banghead: I have been using a horseshoe type bicycle lock through the front brake disc. This came to an end yesterday when I took off and forgot it. Lucky for me the front wheel was in the grass and slid really easily. So did I. Bent the locker up and I had to leave it.
The push button ignition switch seems to be simple enough that we can swap it for a simple key switch. I have one on order. Will post if and when I get it installed.
P.S. the bike lock worked damn good and Ihate that I had to prove it to myself.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted October 20, 2005 - 08:38 PM

Once agian, I am amazed at how much you guys go through to protect your stuff. It must suck to live around around a bunch a low-life scumbucket theives. Last month my bro and I left our WR's at our camp within site of a county road for 6 days unlocked and not hidden while we went home. Plus the rest of our camp was just left as well. Not so much as a missing beer when we returned. Ah, the life in Montana. Most guys in our area know if they get caught stealing someones shit around here, they will pray to see cops and courtrooms. :banghead: :lol: :busted: :busted: :banghead: I did buy a cable lock when I got my bike, but I have never used it. Its not like nothing ever gets stolen, but in the more rural areas, its pretty damn rare.

• nimiz1

Posted October 20, 2005 - 10:47 PM

we have the same problem in israel , i use 3 big cables one to the front tire , one to the rear and one to the frame and also cover it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.