lights

8 replies to this topic
  • fish525

Posted October 18, 2005 - 10:51 AM

OK I know its been covered be for but I cant find it so is there a bulb for a 05 wr that I can swap out the stock for that will be better with out spending a lot of cash? I don't ride at night but once a year thanks

• taksx

Posted October 18, 2005 - 11:16 AM

Yes their is.
The 2005 WR450 comes with a H4 light bulb witch is also referred to as a 9003 or an HB2. Baja Designs has a H4 PIAA for $40, Or you can pick one up at your local auto parts store that will be 20% brighter than stock and a tint more white.
Sylvania has one called silver star:thumbsup: I spent 25 on it, and have been having a great time at night. It was a great improvement from stock :banghead:

• fish525

Posted October 18, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Eddy you are the man now where did ya get it [Sylvania has one called silver star] that is and by the way where are you two registered at,DAM IT, tell me now be for Tonya yells at me for not finding out :banghead:

• Gadsen

Posted October 18, 2005 - 03:40 PM

Fish, check the wattage. The OE 9003 in the WR's is a 35/35 watt, same consumption on high or low beam, while the automotive 9003 is 55/65W and the WR's run on high beam. You may not have enough ooomph to run the 65 watt with a stock lighting system. . :banghead: :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • minion

Posted October 18, 2005 - 06:00 PM

Fish, check the wattage. The OE 9003 in the WR's is a 35/35 watt, same consumption on high or low beam, while the automotive 9003 is 55/65W and the WR's run on high beam. You may not have enough ooomph to run the 65 watt with a stock lighting system. . :banghead: :banghead:

I street legalized my 05 WR450, and I installed a hi/low switch for the headlight. Even though the wattages are the same, the aim is totally different, and in the tight woods, a lot of the time I prefer the light setting on the non-stock setting, so the light is more on the trail right before me.

Another thing that I think is kinda cool is made by trailtech, its a HID mounted lamp on your helmet that either runs off of your electrical system or off a self contained battery. Very bright from what I hear as well. Might be a bit much to run off the stock system in conjunction with the headlight, but it'd be a nice addition if you have the power.

M.

• Gadsen

Posted October 18, 2005 - 06:39 PM

I street legalized my 05 WR450, and I installed a hi/low switch for the headlight. Even though the wattages are the same, the aim is totally different, and in the tight woods, a lot of the time I prefer the light setting on the non-stock setting, so the light is more on the trail right before me.

I didnt make mine street legal, but did also add thge low/high beam. But did it for a backup in case one side burnt out. I suppose one could use the regular charging system/12V to run the headlamp and not use the AC lighting coil and run a higher wattage bulb.

• taksx

Posted October 19, 2005 - 08:42 AM

Eddy you are the man now where did ya get it [Sylvania has one called silver star] that is and by the way where are you two registered at,DAM IT, tell me now be for Tonya yells at me for not finding out :banghead:

I got the bulb at kragen, But i saw them a pep boy's and auto zone as well.

You two do enough, It's a gift just letting Vero use your pooper. let's shake and call it even:cheers:

• taksx

Posted October 19, 2005 - 08:48 AM

I'll have to check the 9003 series package, But i believe it was only a 35 watt bulb that put out a brighter light. The stock light system picks it up just fine. And it was well worth the money.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 20, 2005 - 10:22 AM

A wr 426 has a 125-130 watt stator in it. More than enough to run a 65w bulb. I run (2) 50 watt MR-16 bulbs in my Acerbis Blitz headlight, wired so both are on all the time. I have the WR426 stator in my YZ400, more than enough wattage to power them. And bright as hell. :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.