Coming to California to go riding!

8 replies to this topic
  • simch

Posted October 18, 2005 - 09:12 AM

I am going to come over form the UK, rent a wr450 and go riding sometime in the next few months.

Any idea which time of year is best, between now and MArch?

Any areas good to locate myslef in.

Amy be a few of us if I can persuade the guys! Anyone up for a rideout!?

Cheers

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 18, 2005 - 09:27 AM

Where are you gonna stay? In TO again? If so I'll take you....

• WReckless

Posted October 18, 2005 - 12:25 PM

Where are you gonna stay? In TO again? If so I'll take you....

BY TO DO YOU MEAN 1000 OAKS?
IF SO WHEN ARE YOU COMING OUT
I'm here in socal in 1000 oaks and was born in the UK in Irvin Scotland.
I am a beginer rider but would love to go fro a ride with you.

• PMAUST

Posted October 18, 2005 - 08:29 PM

BY TO DO YOU MEAN 1000 OAKS?
IF SO WHEN ARE YOU COMING OUT
I'm here in socal in 1000 oaks and was born in the UK in Irvin Scotland.
I am a beginer rider but would love to go fro a ride with you.

1000 Oaks = thousand Oaks or TO. :banghead: If Dan isn't available PM me. I'll take you out.

:banghead:

Paul

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtflea

Posted October 18, 2005 - 08:44 PM

Jawbone Canyon is a must ride, espeacialy if your from Europe. You can ride from the high desert to the Pacific Crest trail of the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Isabella, the views will not disapoint! Hungry Valley/Gorman is another area close to the LA basin. In Central California, Clear Creek is a must. It is home to the toughest enduro in America and is sceanic at the higher elevations. In Northern California Upper Lake is great (On the north side of Clear Lake just one hour Northeast of San Francisco). If you want to try out Clear Creek let me know. If I can't meet you, the group that puts on the National Enduro is there weekly and I can put you in touch with one of the members.

• crooks420

Posted October 18, 2005 - 10:15 PM

:banghead: Give the "Malcolm Smith" trail up in Big Bear a try..... tough as nails. :banghead:

Jesse

• baha

Posted October 18, 2005 - 11:10 PM

That time of year Jawbone!!! What also may be cool is to do Dumont and Hit Vegas as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WReckless

Posted October 19, 2005 - 08:05 AM

That time of year Jawbone!!! What also may be cool is to do Dumont and Hit Vegas as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES INDEED IT IS JAWBONE TIME! :lol:
LITTLE BIT OF RAIN HILL CLIMES FOR EVERY ONE
I'M GOING TO FOLLOW A FRIEND OF MINE IN HIS FIRST NATIONAL
ON SUNDAY IN LECERN(SP?)
I THINK WE MAY STOP IN JAW BONE FOR A WARM UP ON SATURDAY :banghead:
PRAY FOR RAIN :banghead:
WRECKLESS

• simch

Posted October 19, 2005 - 03:12 PM

Sounds good guys. How much road mileage may we have to do, we may not have a truck to haul the bikes. I am hoping the ones I saw for rent are road legal etc.........?!?!

Dont know where to stay yet, maybe TO, maybe down in Newport or LAguna areas. But somewhere we can hit some good trails and really get the CA off road expeience, (middle of no where, rattlesnakes, hillbillies with shotguns showing photos of "their wives and mothers", with just one woman on it!! Well maybe not!

So time of year......? Are the trails open all year round.......? Dont mind a bit of rain (good job based on where I live) but wan tt get some good riding in for sure.

I have an offer on some cheapish flights to LA (£300) but it ends tomorrow! So need to pull our fingers out and book it!

Keep the ideas comin!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.