Glamis jetting anyone?

4 replies to this topic
  • azdragoon

Posted October 18, 2005 - 07:16 AM

I'm going to make my first trip to Glamis next month. I'm wondering if anyone has been there with a stock 400 and can tell me what other jets I need to bring along? The guys I'm going with claim to need to rejet due to a 2000 ft drop in elevation.

• dunecj2a

Posted October 18, 2005 - 08:06 AM

I'm going to make my first trip to Glamis next month. I'm wondering if anyone has been there with a stock 400 and can tell me what other jets I need to bring along? The guys I'm going with claim to need to rejet due to a 2000 ft drop in elevation.

Hey man I live in Tucson and I have been goin to Glamis for a long time now. If you ride in AZ and your bike is jetted right you shouldn't have to mess with your jetting at all. I never ever had to change my jetting or mess with any adjustments for the dunes. I used to ride my MX race Banshee, CR250, KX500, KX250, and now my 04 450 and have never changed anything for the dunes. Thats just me though, oh yeah and all my freinds.
If you run lean now, then definately fatten up your jetting for the sand. If you have to rejet then I would only go up 1-2 on the main unless you are super lean. Alot of people have the perception that a trip to the dunes means you have to rejet. Its only true if you run lean when you are at home, and especially if you ride a 2 stroke. Plugs are cheaper than pistons :banghead:
I'll be out next w/end and then usually every other untill Easter. Don't mis Xgiving...........hope that help...........Z

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • azdragoon

Posted October 18, 2005 - 06:33 PM

thanks, I may just take one up from stock just in case. My buddy who does lots of performance work on quads tells me my bike will run like crap without rejetting. My bike runs great so hopefully I won't need to break into the carb when I get there. I also live in Tucson, where do you ride? I just got back into dirt biking and usually head to the trails by Avra Valley. Know any good trails?

• id250f

Posted October 18, 2005 - 06:40 PM

I rode my 03 450 there a 'couple years ago. No jetting changes were needed (I believe I was at stock settings).

• dunecj2a

Posted October 18, 2005 - 08:25 PM

thanks, I may just take one up from stock just in case. My buddy who does lots of performance work on quads tells me my bike will run like crap without rejetting. My bike runs great so hopefully I won't need to break into the carb when I get there. I also live in Tucson, where do you ride? I just got back into dirt biking and usually head to the trails by Avra Valley. Know any good trails?

Yeah I would not mess with it then, if your good here in town you will be fine at Glamis. I used to ride every week at PMP, now I mostly hit Pinal Air Park until they open PMP again. I'm gonna head out there thurs night after work for a couple of hours. I mostly like MX style stuff. There are endless trails out at Rosemount Junction. PM me and I can give you some more info...later man

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.