TDC on wr426

5 replies to this topic
  • tshe1

Posted October 18, 2005 - 05:54 AM

hi to all
i wanted to check valve clearance and maybee rebuilt the cylinder head but i encounter withe aproblem in trying to bring the piston to TDC on my 01' wr426.
according to the manual while turn the crank CW, the mark "I" on the rotor should be align with stationary point. the problem is that I'm turning the crankshaft but i can't see any "I" mark on the rotor(i turn it several times slowly).
what is going on???? :banghead:

• byggd

Posted October 18, 2005 - 06:50 AM

It should be there but it's not as clear as the manual shows it to be. There should be an "H" and just after it the "I" but on my bike it I looks more like a '

• tshe1

Posted October 18, 2005 - 07:30 AM

It should be there but it's not as clear as the manual shows it to be. There should be an "H" and just after it the "I" but on my bike it I looks more like a '

yes it is there like you described an "H" and near it comes "I" that looks like ', exactly like you write. :banghead:
thanks allot
B.A:what does "H" means?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HamBonE_23

Posted October 18, 2005 - 08:52 AM

I have a pic in my garage that I took of mine for reference before it took it apart. I found it easier for me when I printed it then set it beside the engine looking at it from the same angle that the pic was taken and it really helped me out. :banghead:

• byggd

Posted October 18, 2005 - 10:33 AM

yes it is there like you described an "H" and near it comes "I" that looks like ', exactly like you write. :banghead:
thanks allot
B.A:what does "H" means?

Just the Japaneses way of saying "HI" :lol: Actually my manual says the "H" is used when checking the timing with a timing light :banghead:

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted October 18, 2005 - 05:25 PM

The "H" is there to check ignition timing wth a timing light. The "I" is to set cam timing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.