set up question's

2 replies to this topic
  • 228jeff

Posted October 17, 2005 - 06:42 PM

Does anyone know if a Canadian 2003 WR 450 has the grey wire and if so where do I find it.
I just installed a JD jetting kit.
I used the blue needle three down from the top and a 165 main jet with a 48 pilot jet.The air screw is turned out 2.5 turns. We are at around 400feet above sea level and the temperature is about 45-55 degrees. I haven't had a chance to test ride the bike yet but while in the shop I heated it up and it seemed to run very well except it had the dredded bog/stall when cracked open from idle. This is what I'm trying to get away from. I have a Hindle competition exhaust and YZ exhaust cam.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 17, 2005 - 07:09 PM

Take your leak jet and solder it shut. Move the red needle to clip #4 or 5 and put in a 170 main jet. :banghead:

• Bamster

Posted October 18, 2005 - 04:27 AM

No grey wire, no throttle stop on Canadian models.
They know where the real men live. lol. :banghead:

The 05's are the same in both the US and Canada now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.