Will Honda Bring the 2005 FMX to the U.S.A

26 replies to this topic
  • irondude

Posted October 23, 2005 - 09:39 PM

Honda-nothing other than some new valve seats on the 250, and some updates on the 450r.

Suzuki-the first fuel injected race quad (with the RMz 450 engine!)
Yamaha-all aluminum frame, engine change
KTM-the complete new/re-worked XC line.
Husqvarna-250, 450, 510's now street legal off-road bikes!
Kawasaki-all new 450.
Husaberg-new 'force' models. lots of changes actually.

Will Honda even make dirt bikes 5 years from now?

• bigboredbiker

Posted October 24, 2005 - 06:01 AM

I have not just seen it, I have test ridden one on a supermoto track. Verdict? Nice looking, well built, slow as you like and very tame. It's gonna need some serious tweaking to get anywhere near the performance you'd expect...lets start with the exhaust and see what happens...

• Jayzonk

Posted October 24, 2005 - 07:12 AM

Honda-nothing other than some new valve seats on the 250, and some updates on the 450r.

Suzuki-the first fuel injected race quad (with the RMz 450 engine!)
Yamaha-all aluminum frame, engine change
KTM-the complete new/re-worked XC line.
Husqvarna-250, 450, 510's now street legal off-road bikes!
Kawasaki-all new 450.
Husaberg-new 'force' models. lots of changes actually.

Will Honda even make dirt bikes 5 years from now?

Would you trust a Husaberg? I wouldn't mind having one, but I'm worried about reliability. Does anyone compete with them at Baja?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailsurfer

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:29 AM

What about Husky reliablility, has anyone been racing them in Baja or other long distance events? They look really nice but will they hold up for tens of thousands of miles? I hope they do.

• irondude

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:58 AM

Husky-
I have been racing mine in Baja for a year. Its never had a mechanical issue.
Its also been raced in Nevada and at some MX tracks--thing is bulletproof.
During that time my buddies CRF250x died-twice!
...Watch for our Husky at the Baja 1000 in a few weeks--in fact i am leaving tonight to start pre-running with it!

as for Husaberg--there was one raced at least years baja 500 and the bike did fine (they ran out of gas!).

obviously Husaberg has had some reliability issues--when it was made in Sweeden--but now that KTM owns them and they are made in Austria the quality has gone way up. I will consider a Husaberg fe 650 next year--but most likely stay with Husqvarna. My Husky 510 is faster than my 'built' XR680, weighs 40 lbs less, has the button, things dont fall off, handles like a dream. Parts are faster to get than Honda parts-and the fit and finish of the bike is incredible.

sorry about the post hyjacking....

Husky makes an incredible line of motards....and they are the motard world champs. That Honda motard thing is IMHO not a real motard but a stylized commuter bike for euro's...

• Jayzonk

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:27 PM

Well, I guess that settles it. The man has spoken.....Huski it is!
But it's a 510! How do you get enough power out of it?? What about Huski's new 610 dual sport?? I think it's a de-tuned engine for commuting. Not sure why they had to make it bigger, though.

• Jayzonk

Posted October 24, 2005 - 09:35 PM

What about the KTM 525 Desert Racing bike?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.