Valve Clearance changed overnight??

3 replies to this topic
  • flatnacker

Posted October 17, 2005 - 02:10 PM

I recently checked my clearances-the inlet were fine, however the exhaust ones were out. So I reshimmed the exhaust ones, and whilst reinstalling I decided to take the inlet cam out to check its condition. After re installing everything I rechecked the clearances and now all of a suddent the inlet clearance are all out??? (they ahve all closed by about .01mill) Why would this be? Have I stuffed something up

They were .2, .22 and .22. Now they are back to about .19 :banghead:

• flatnacker

Posted October 17, 2005 - 04:21 PM

Bumpity bump :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tshe1

Posted October 18, 2005 - 05:28 AM

I recently checked my clearances-the inlet were fine, however the exhaust ones were out. So I reshimmed the exhaust ones, and whilst reinstalling I decided to take the inlet cam out to check its condition. After re installing everything I rechecked the clearances and now all of a suddent the inlet clearance are all out??? (they ahve all closed by about .01mill) Why would this be? Have I stuffed something up

i think that after you rebuilt the head, you did not timing it exactly like it was when you checked the clearance.
if you sure you rebuilt it according to the manual ( "I" mark to put TDC) than the clearance now is the wright one.

• SXP

Posted October 18, 2005 - 06:11 AM

With everything torqued down (cam caps) and aligned correctly, kick the motor over a couple of times to seat everything and then check again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.