Idling Problem on XR650R

2 replies to this topic
  • Scoobie

Posted October 17, 2005 - 07:50 AM

Hi,

Bike starts fine on 3rd or 4th kick from cold and will idle on full choke and half choke but just dies with the choke off. Tried adjusting the idle speed but no joy. It's a UK bike and is standard.

It's my first XR so just to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid - with the choke full 'on' the lever is pushed all the way to the right. Off is all the way to the left - Yes?

Also the throttle is very 'sticky' - doesn't snap open or shut and it's making it a real pain to ride as it's jerky as hell. Can't seem to find the cause - any suggestions?

Cheers,

Scoobie

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kehale

Posted October 17, 2005 - 07:56 AM

Choke:

Forward (up) is FULL ON.

Back (straight down) is choke OFF.

Make sure you have some slack in your cables and also lube them.

If could be something simple like grip glue wedged under the throttle tube or your grip binding on a hand guard.

-T

• Scoobie

Posted October 17, 2005 - 11:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks for that - so basically when I've been starting the bike with the choke fully back its been off. When I've pushed it forward to turn it off I've actually turned it on and that's why it won't idle - Dohhh!!!

I would have thought it still would idle with full choke except with increased revs?

Scoobie

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.