Auto decomp acting weird

2 replies to this topic

Posted October 16, 2005 - 05:37 PM

This weekend my bike did something it has never done - 04' WR450, maintained well, probably about 600 - 700 miles on it.

When starting the bike, (kick starting because my starter is a livin' piece of $hit), it seemed like the auto decomp wouldn't work This is the first time this has happened, I have been riding for the last three days and it probably happened 25% of the time I went to kick start it. It would "clear" itself easily if I rocked back a little with the bike in gear then it would fire right up with one easy kick as usual :banghead:

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know if this indicates a problem with the exhaust cam or valves? The bike ran great with out any performance issues. I am running stock cams with WR timing.

Thanks in advance for any input! :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flatnacker

Posted October 23, 2005 - 02:11 PM

• slipnslide

Posted October 23, 2005 - 04:44 PM

i have never had a problem like that (I have an '00 WR400) but i will take a guess. it sounds like it might be sticking in gear when you are trying to kick it. You could test for this when if it happens again by holding the clutch in and seeing if it will kick through then. If it will, then it's in gear. If not, then you have some other problem. I hope this helps. :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.