New WR owner needs reassurance

10 replies to this topic
  • blooozboy

Posted October 16, 2005 - 11:54 AM

Hi All
Thanks for so much advice I have just bought an 02 WR 426 and have checked her over to the best of my ability any advice on keeping her running and any mods,I am in the UK
Thanks

• simch

Posted October 16, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Change the oil for semi synth every 200 miles or less.

• blooozboy

Posted October 16, 2005 - 01:03 PM

Thanks,could you tell me of any mods for uk use i have followed links to the 250f section on mods but dont know if they are applicable to the 426 or for UK use as you can tell I am a really enthusiastic NOVICE
Thanks guys

• Dirt_rebel

Posted October 16, 2005 - 01:24 PM

have u done the yz auto decomp cam mod? it's the best ever mod u'll ever have.. :banghead:

• blooozboy

Posted October 16, 2005 - 01:49 PM

No,in my ignorance it is something that I have never heard of please tell me more

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JRAMBO

Posted October 16, 2005 - 02:53 PM

The decomp cam mod makes it so you don't have to use the compression release to start the bike you just kick it . Instead having to bring it up to top then pull then decomp lever kick past top dead center and so on.

• blooozboy

Posted October 17, 2005 - 05:21 AM

Cheers folks I will look into it.anyone tell me about the other mods mentioned ie:airbox grey wire and yz timing
thanks

• Dirt_rebel

Posted October 17, 2005 - 11:10 AM

wif the yz auto decomp mod, your bike will be yz timed..

• dbailey223

Posted October 17, 2005 - 12:20 PM

airbox and grey wire--check out thuimperfaq.com under free mods. Don't know if they apply to your bike though--sorry

• byggd

Posted October 17, 2005 - 01:41 PM

Hi All
Thanks for so much advice I have just bought an 02 WR 426 and have checked her over to the best of my ability any advice on keeping her running and any mods,I am in the UK
Thanks

Check out this site Not sure how much of it applies to the bikes sold in the UK but it has enough stuff to keep you busy for a while :banghead:

• TwoBobRob

Posted October 17, 2005 - 03:18 PM

The grey wire mod won't apply on your bike.... Get into the habit of regular oil changes and be bloody careful not to overtighten anything, it's very easy to strip stuff especially things like the oil filter housing bolts :banghead:

The stock exhaust is beautifully quiet but does strangle the bike a fair bit, they do benefit from a pipe and a rejet. Don't buy anything too loud though :banghead:

Whereabouts are you?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.