06 WR450 suspension

5 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:01 AM

I checked the race tech website. For a 200lb rider, the forks spring rates are right on. However, the shock spring rate is 5.3 stock and 5.52 recommended.

Do you 05 & 06 WR450 riders think the stock shock is too soft? Have any of you replaced it? What were the results? Did you have to revalve?

Jimbo

• Farmer Hank

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:45 AM

At 210 lbs. I needed to upgrade to a 5.6 spring to get proper sag. I found that this allowed me to back off the hs compression to 1 3/8 or 1 1/2 turns and I ended up with a much more supple suspension. I'd sure play around with upgaded spring and adjusting the compession damping before I shelled out for revalving.
Farmer Hank

• tony1970

Posted October 16, 2005 - 08:25 AM

I'm at 200lbs and the stock shock and spring are fine. I was able to set proper sag and it feels fine to me, in fact i had to back of the clickers because it felt stiff because I ride mostly single track.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_bo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 10:05 AM

hhhhmmmmm..... is Race Tech off in their recommendations??

Any other opinions???

• clark4131

Posted October 16, 2005 - 12:55 PM

Racetech's recommendations are based on their valving rather than stock. It's a good rule of thumb to go one up from what they call for. I'm 220# and run a 5.8/.48 with great results...SC

• Jim_bo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:41 PM

Racetech's recommendations are based on their valving rather than stock. It's a good rule of thumb to go one up from what they call for. I'm 220# and run a 5.8/.48 with great results...SC

Stock valving??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.