Are 05 WR450's getting more expensive??

9 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 06:36 AM

I just got an OTD quote from LA Yamaha for the 05 WR450... $6500!! A few weeks ago, their quote was $6299. &%$#@!???

Jimbo

• Farmer Hank

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:52 AM

I probably shouldn't gloat, but I picked one up in western PA for $5429 OTD. I'd either buy an 06 or look around a lot more before paying that much. Seems way over priced unless CA has some fees we don't back east.

• minkkinen

Posted October 16, 2005 - 08:18 AM

I just paid 5850,- otd in Michigan after shopping around for sometime.

• Jim_bo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 10:08 AM

When you guys in states other than CA say OTD, it doesn't allow us to compare your prices unless you tell us what your sales tax rate is. Registration is pretty cheap. Setup/profit is where you usually get soaked.

Jimbo

• PrivateIdaho

Posted October 16, 2005 - 10:12 AM

I just got a quote of 6105 yesterday, this is otd with tax included 5%

We went to one dealer and was quoted 6499 and we said we could buy it cheaper down the road... He laughed at us and said go buy it then because that is below my cost. He then walked away from us and ignored us the rest of the time there.

When I get mine bought on monday we are loading them up (Nephew bought one Sat.) and going to go tell him what a mistake he made... Not one but two new bike sales. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:24 PM

Dont forget all bikes are more expensive OTD in Kaliforniastan! :banghead:

• Jim_bo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:40 PM

So, why is LAYamaha going up on their price?

• Mike_socal

Posted October 17, 2005 - 07:21 AM

Don't think that layamaha is the cheapest. I've bought two different bikes from Alba that were both(otd) cheaper than layamaha's otd quote.

• walent215

Posted October 17, 2005 - 07:33 AM

Don't think that layamaha is the cheapest. I've bought two different bikes from Alba that were both(otd) cheaper than layamaha's otd quote.

wheres alba?

• Mike_socal

Posted October 17, 2005 - 08:00 AM

In Poway(San Diego), CA. Keep in mind that I had to haggle the price. Don't expect to go in and get an instant better deal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.