Edelbrock carb on E-bay

10 replies to this topic
  • pchansen

Posted October 14, 2005 - 07:46 PM

Check this out.. http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

I remember a few days ago someone posted some problems with their new Edelbrock carb. Could never get it right. Could this be the carb in question? If so, and I bite, could this be a specific carb issue or a specific bike issue. The last thing I want is to pick up a bogus carb. Any comments??

Paul

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 14, 2005 - 09:50 PM

It is the carb. There have been some issues with it but they can be worked out. Once things are right it is a great mod. Keep in mind that the vast majority never have a problem with it. I had a continuous problem which eventually was worked out and have been very happy ever since.

• 4Takt

Posted October 15, 2005 - 05:07 AM

Well, it was me who posted about problems with my Edelbrock, but the auction isn't mine. I still have my carb, and the problems.

4Takt

• pchansen

Posted October 15, 2005 - 01:53 PM

I'm a little leary- the last thing I need is an eBay turd when my bike runs pretty darn well with the stock fuel/air mixer in place. We'll see

Paul Hansen

• HondaXR650L

Posted October 15, 2005 - 04:39 PM

:banghead: No, that is not the carb in question. I need to finish dialing in the QS but even with the probs that I had, my gas milage improved about 5 miles per gallon. The responce time is incredible and so is the improved horsepower. I will not be getting rid of mine, it is way to much fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old_Man_Time

Posted October 15, 2005 - 05:13 PM

:banghead: No, that is not the carb in question. I need to finish dialing in the QS but even with the probs that I had, my gas milage improved about 5 miles per gallon. The responce time is incredible and so is the improved horsepower. I will not be getting rid of mine, it is way to much fun.

Are you riding an 650L model. If so it is not the same carb. In fact if I am not mistaken the Edelbrock 650L model carb came out a year ago.

The one he linked on E-Bay is the Quick Silver that we are talking about. It looks identical to mine and the ad says it is the XR650R model carb. They are a great carb and do everything they are advertised to do. Some of us did have to iron out a problem or two to get the advertised performance.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 15, 2005 - 06:04 PM

hahaha, used very little and replaced with something else......hahahahahahahahahaha.....meaning its junk!!!!!!

• miguelitro

Posted October 15, 2005 - 07:43 PM

hahaha, used very little and replaced with something else......hahahahahahahahahaha.....meaning its junk!!!!!!

could be the only intelligent thing this kid has said :lol:
I really dont trust ebay :banghead:
:banghead:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 15, 2005 - 07:58 PM

could be the only intelligent thing this kid has said :lol:
I really dont trust ebay :banghead:
:banghead:

i trust ebay.......every once in a long long while....like if i buy something thats pretty hard to come by, new, and cheap.....oh, and they gotta have really good feedback.

• jws

Posted October 16, 2005 - 08:31 AM

looks like a deal to me :banghead: I have been running a QS for a couple of years now and couldnt be happier :banghead:

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 16, 2005 - 12:09 PM

Meaning they stole the wrong carb and had to steal something else. :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.