Honda HP blue chain lube

2 replies to this topic
  • sgifford

Posted October 14, 2005 - 04:15 PM

I've used Honda's red chain lube for years, and have been happy with it. When I dropped by the shop yesterday, they were out of red, so I got blue.

After spraying it on the chain it left a sticky white coating. This is supposed to 'seal good stuff in and bad stuff out', but it sure looks and feels like a glue that's going to attract dirt and sand like crazy.

Is this for on-road use only?

Seldon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cheff

Posted October 14, 2005 - 04:30 PM

After trying lots of different stuff over the years, I settled on the Sidewinder/Krause racing lube. I use it for lots of stuff not just my chain. It was developed for the military for use in their guns. And it attracts no dirt, the only down fall to it, is that you have to use it much more often. But I rather apply it often, rather than try to get that gunk of my chain just so the new lube is effective.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 14, 2005 - 05:31 PM

yeah....ive got the same problem...i was out ridin and forgot the chain lube so i went to get sum and all they had was a 10 dollar bottle of pj1 i beleive it is called....so i got it....the stuff is like the gule on stickers.....not satisfied at all. im gonna stock up on this crap they have at meijer....like 2 bucks a bottle....very similar to wd40....just gotta oil the chain every ride.....like 4 hours after using the pj1 stuff, i roll the bike around and the chain squeeks......real good stuff there!!!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.