Kickstand problem

2 replies to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted August 20, 2001 - 03:40 AM

I lost the bottom bolt that holds the kickstand on the bike. I have a collection of metric bolts and some reason none of them are the same size that was in it. Does anyone know the size of that bolt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • carverdude

Posted August 20, 2001 - 09:45 PM

I lost mine also.I do not know the size but it is a common metric thread.My new bolts came from the local hardware store.They are Loctited now!

• BlueThunder

Posted August 20, 2001 - 10:27 AM

Those bolts are a M10 X 1.25 X 20mm. I too have replaced those guys and Loctited the replacements. No problems since then. Just out of curiousity, do you start your bike on the kickstand ? I have to and I think that the added pressure is what loosened the originals. Good luck.

------------------
Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels.

[This message has been edited by BlueThunder (edited 08-20-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.