Broken bones, winning races and powdercoating

3 replies to this topic
  • jasonmcc

Posted August 19, 2001 - 04:18 PM

Hi boys

Just raced the final round of our pony express series on sunday. We won the B grade 4-Stroke class and the Overall. But I also broke my collar bone half way into the race and my partner had to ride 5 laps straight. Anyone had a experience with a broken collar bone, anything that u should do.

Im thinking of powder coating my frame in 3 weeks when i might be able to pull apart my bike. What color/s do u think would look good?

And any of u blokes arguing about which bikes better me and my mate won the series on a stock xr400 and Wr400f, and there were lots of ktms that we blew away. The rider matters.

Cheers Jason

• Bill

Posted August 19, 2001 - 04:41 PM

Great deal on the win, bad deal on the collar bone.

Check out the 250 side for the stock color in powder. I'd do mine in Black and add the One Industries, Hanna kit.

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tripm

Posted August 19, 2001 - 04:53 PM

I've broken mine twice. The one thing that helped me (against my dr. orders) was to start using it as soon as the xray shows that the bones are together. I did pushups while standing next to the wall - just pushing off the wall. Sounds stupid, but made my recovery so much quicker.

Good luck.

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 19, 2001 - 04:56 PM

Sorry about the collar bone. I feel your pain having just come off some rib/lung damage. Mend fast!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.