yzf 426 gear box problem !!!!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • yzfcliff

Posted October 14, 2005 - 07:57 AM

i have just brought a 2001 yz426f and have just taken it out and it seems to be having problems staying in 5th gear it keeps slipping and julting? does anybody have any ideas as to what is the problem and how it can be solved -thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krasd

Posted October 17, 2005 - 05:07 PM

Yes sir broke mine twice, 5th gear side engagement teeth keep getting wiped off, works good for awhile, but still breaks I'm going to try YZ gears maybe or leave it,I have run this season with four gears no 5th, I just never shift into 5th and it is cool, Just from experience "don't keep slipping and julting it" it will lock up and 5th will weld it self to the shaft. I don't know if this helps at all it is just my experience with my 2002 WR 426.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.