426 Fuel Endurance question

7 replies to this topic
  • MNellis

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:18 PM

I don't have a lot of time on my '00 426 but I will be entering my first scrambles race (or any dirt race) since about 1976. :banghead:

Does the stock fuel tank hold enough for a 1 hour race through the woods? I know there are a lot of variables such as how many straights and how long I can hold the throttle WFO but post your thoughts and experience here and let me know if you think I'll need to plan for a pit stop.

• walent215

Posted October 14, 2005 - 03:42 AM

I don't have a lot of time on my '00 426 but I will be entering my first scrambles race (or any dirt race) since about 1976. :banghead:

Does the stock fuel tank hold enough for a 1 hour race through the woods? I know there are a lot of variables such as how many straights and how long I can hold the throttle WFO but post your thoughts and experience here and let me know if you think I'll need to plan for a pit stop.

i could go almost 60 miles on my 98 400 riding hard and i think the tanks are close to the same size.you wont have any prob.

• dmoney2023

Posted October 14, 2005 - 06:11 AM

I agree. I like to ride hard and I am on the gas as much as possible all the time. I can ride a good 2-3 hours on my 00' 426. Now like you said there are other factors, and possibly, if you were in 5th pinned you couldn't make it that long, but I doubt you'll have any issues at all.

• Emiliano

Posted October 14, 2005 - 06:12 AM

You wont have problems I use to ride Hard my YZ 400 for 3 Hours in the woods and I don't Need to refill. They have the same tank

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZLEE

Posted October 14, 2005 - 07:20 AM

2-3 hours is all I ever get. But, that should be long enough.

• 642MX

Posted October 14, 2005 - 07:40 AM

I raced an hour long Grand Prix race a month ago and used a full tank. 30-40 miles is all I got on the tank. But, it was wide open 70% of the time.

• ridesblue

Posted October 14, 2005 - 07:50 AM

ive raced many hr long grands prix with my 400f and have never run out.
play riding i can usually go 55- 60 miles with out sweatin it

• grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:22 AM

All of the races except the Harvey Mushman 100 at the Elsinore GP are 45 minutes long, and there are two 80mph+ paved straights. :banghead: :banghead: Nobody runs out of gas with a YZF.

In the desert, the stock tank on my 450 will take me about 40 miles, depending.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.