Whos ridin YZ exhaust?

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtysouth

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:51 PM

If you have modded your wr to yz exhaust...I'd like to know anything you do about the setup.

• bg10459

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:04 PM

I like it. Simple bolt on, just add a longer bolt at the back hanger. Then re-jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gmoss357

Posted October 14, 2005 - 04:39 AM

one of the simplest things to do. You will probably need a new gasket at the header pipe connection.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted October 14, 2005 - 12:32 PM

You'll need the rubber gromet and the thing the bolt threads into (I forgot what it's called) on the back hanger as well. You don't even need a longer bolt at least for an 02, the bolt I ordered from Ronnies.com was the exact same as the stock one (waste of money.) I've ridden my bike once since I got the YZ pipe and had no problems without re-jetting. I have all the free mods except yz exhaust cam timing plus a twin air air filter and a zip ty fuel screw. I lowered the needle clip one groove a while back, but other than that it's stock and runs great. I was riding at sea level though, so maybe that's why I haven't had to re-jet. The real test will come when I go out to Dove Springs in a coulpe weaks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.