426 street legal process

31 replies to this topic
  • weekendtoy98DR

Posted September 05, 2001 - 11:27 AM


Thumper33 we wish it were that easy for all of us.Your state allows conversions and is one of the few.I had to go through my own little circus act to get my DRZ kicker plated here in NY.Hey Wayneo426 you hearing this.Sounds like good news for you bud hope soon you join us on the road.It will open a whole nother world up for ya.Workin on something solid for you for this Sunday.Just as solid as last time I promise.

  • wayneoXCF

Posted September 05, 2001 - 12:13 PM


Thanks Johnny- Tried like hell, but she wasnt goin for it on the Holiday weekend. I ended up watching the kid, while she went to Macys anyway! Im ready to try it again, let me know when and where.
Tim- Make sure you keep us posted on the VT thing. If all goes well for you, my papers will follow immediately.

  • wayneoXCF

Posted September 13, 2001 - 11:28 AM


Tim-Any news yet?

  • funktree

Posted September 13, 2001 - 10:18 PM


Seems there is a bit of a discrepency. Some are saying that california wants you to transfer within 10 days. Some are saying wait 90 days so you dont have to pay tax. Which is correct? I would like to avoid taxes if possible.

  • finglan

Posted September 14, 2001 - 09:12 PM


In exactly two weeks I got a response from Vermont. They sent all of my paperwork back because I didn't send my original registration card to them. They sent along an addressed envelope for me to return all the paperwork for express processing. It looks like I should get my plate w/out any problem.

  • big_G

Posted September 14, 2001 - 10:54 AM


Funktree...just make sure you xfer on day 91 or later. They may not like it, but they won't be able to levy the sales tax. I know this is how CA works, elsewhere???

God Bless America

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desertfoxx

Posted September 14, 2001 - 02:37 PM


New Mexico is easy to get plates for yz/wr's, they like to see a speedo with odo so they can write down the mileage on there form. Also no turnsignals required. Anyone need help here just write.


  • wayneoXCF

Posted September 14, 2001 - 04:00 PM


Im going to send my papers up to Vermont on Monday. I will send them the original reg, and the reg form. Hopefully they will respond w/ a plate. Thanks guys, I'll let you all know how I make out.



  • weekendtoy98DR

Posted September 16, 2001 - 01:57 AM


Wayneo: Fingers crossed'breathe held...

  • wayneoXCF

Posted September 16, 2001 - 03:55 AM


I hear ya- keep those fingers crossed.....

  • wayneoXCF

Posted December 17, 2001 - 11:21 AM


I finally got my Vermont street plate today! It took almost 2 months, the papers were sent back and forth twice, but its finally here! YEE HAAA!!! :) :D :D

  • Guy

Posted December 17, 2001 - 11:36 AM


:) Am I glad I didn't have to go thru this with my bike....You guys may have a lot more space to ride in...but over here so long as its got lights and a horn you can get away with it....even if they dont work if you know the right people :D :D
No mirrors req'd, no indicators boy ... a lot easier!


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.