Larger diameter grips?

9 replies to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted October 13, 2005 - 09:04 AM

Do grips come in different diameters? If so, what brand/style is a little larger then the stock Honda grips.
thanks

• hitech

Posted October 13, 2005 - 09:12 AM

I think they just come in one size. They come in pairs. Keep in mind the throttle grip is larger diameter than the other one due to the throttle tube.

• JackAttack

Posted October 13, 2005 - 11:15 AM

I have large hands and put a set of oversize grips on that I picked up somewhere. Gave me instant armpump on the first ride, so I went back to the normal size half-waffles.

:banghead:

• TREADMARKS

Posted October 13, 2005 - 11:48 AM

Do grips come in different diameters? If so, what brand/style is a little larger then the stock Honda grips.
thanks

Some of the gell grips are a little thicker, and help with the vibes too.

Try these.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:59 PM

yeah, get gell grips with the finger groves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don87xr600

Posted October 13, 2005 - 02:15 PM

Take a look at 714 s from pro-grip.

• J_Daniels

Posted October 13, 2005 - 03:48 PM

I like Oury grips, got 'em on every bike I have. They are only slighly thicker, but way softer, like gel. They hold up well and are inexpensive.

• RingKingPin

Posted October 13, 2005 - 09:58 PM

I SWEAR by the Serfas brand Spyder grips. I've got large hands (6'5") and really appreciate the extra diameter for comfort. They are also dual compound and are the most comfortable things out there. They hold up amazingly well too! :banghead:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 14, 2005 - 04:58 AM

Holy crap! your hands are 6'-5"?!?!!????? Whoa buddy!

• RingKingPin

Posted October 14, 2005 - 02:42 PM

ohh,, cmon you know what I mean and if you've ever tried the Serfas Spyders, I'm sure you'd concur as well. Nice name though Happy--funny oxymoron. :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.