XR650L Front wheel removal?

5 replies to this topic
  • dbdb

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:13 AM

:banghead: Is this front wheel(axle) threaded into the fork or is it just pushed into the cast piece on the fork and just has to be popped out. What looked like an ez removal has me stumped and with out a manual, on back order, I thought I would ask here. I wrench on alot of stuff for a living and know when to ask the pros from dover before I break it.

• cheff

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:22 AM

Its threaded and torqued at 63lbs.

• dbdb

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:40 AM

:banghead: Thank you, I see that now. Duhhh how could I miss it :lol:
Well I hope that helps somebody else who does a search to remove their front wheel. 4(10mm) nuts for the clamp, 2(12mm) bolts for the brake, phillips screw for speedo cable and 17mm axle. :banghead: Again thank you and I'm glad some one else has time to surf.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cheff

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:49 AM

you do not need to remove the caliper for tire change, or for pad change. Just FYI

• matthangen

Posted October 18, 2010 - 06:43 AM

When putting the axle back on do you torque it all the way down (lots of threads exposed from the axle), or just partially and then tighten the 4 10mm bolts? I failed to pay attention when taking mine off.

• matthangen

Posted October 18, 2010 - 07:57 AM

wheel spacer had fallen out which made tightening the axle down feel really weird. Made and found the mistake!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.