wr4265 dented header

4 replies to this topic
  • tshe1

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:01 AM

i have on my bike titanium header which has large dent on it wright on the "knee" (curvature aria).
can it be fix by any method (made by titanium)?
new one here (Israel) cost allot.
anyone ideas? :banghead:

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 13, 2005 - 09:17 AM

There is a post in this forum, I think last week where a guy took it off filled it with water about 3" each side of the dent, left it uncapped on each end, positioned it in his freezer so the water would not spill out and let it freeze and apparently it worked awesome. :banghead:

He said he had to do it for three freezing cycles until it was completely out but it worked great!

Look at the posts from last week :banghead: Apparently the ice forms from the ends first so you don't have to cap it :lol:

Tell us how it worked :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • treukauf

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:39 PM

I always fixed two stroke (steel pipes) by capping and putting 10-20 psi ( more or less) in the pipe, and heating the dent with a torch. This is fairly scary to do unless you have a co2 bottle to pressure it. I don't know how titanium would react though.

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:53 PM

I always fixed two stroke (steel pipes) by capping and putting 10-20 psi ( more or less) in the pipe, and heating the dent with a torch. This is fairly scary to do unless you have a co2 bottle to pressure it. I don't know how titanium would react though.

Don't worry bout heatin' and blowin'........Try the freezing thing :banghead: The guys on that post could not stop talking about it's success!

Good Luck :banghead:

• bg10459

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:14 PM

The freezing trick has been posted a few times in the last couple of months with excellent reviews. I have never tried it though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.