new chain and sprockets for 04 yz450

68 replies to this topic
  • Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 05:21 PM

Ok all seriousness. Jay runs a legit business and people that have used his chain lube swear by it.

Yeah it's fun to spar with people on the net but let's not get too carried away. Jay.....your good in my book.

• DigilubeJay

Posted November 01, 2005 - 08:23 PM

Folks who also subscribe to my methodology tend to see improvements as well. And that is all I am peddling in here. Not once have I spammed this board, and have declined when asked to do so. Heck, I even have recommended competitors products.

What I am bringing to the table is very controvercial, especially since the conventional wisdom of chain drive maintenance has been either misunderstood, or simply neglected.

I get paid good money by corporations to help train their maintenance staffs in the proper care and adjustments of chains...all sorts of chains. Not simply belts running in a common material handling setting, but in industrial conditions that are very much more adverse than even dirt biking can possibly be.
My methods and products are proven. I get paid good money to do this, and sell hundreds of gallons of chain lube in a months time.

Thing is, I deal with hard headed people all the time that have been stuck on doing things the wrong way. But when you are in person with folks, and speak to them in a way they can understand, and SHOW them what you are saying...instead of simply saying tends to provide a much more relaxed atmosphere where folks of good intentions can agree or disagree, but without malice and apathy.

There is no better feeeling than to be able to priovide a group of individuals a concept, and have them eventually agree to it's prowess and worth.

But I have delt with a few in person that immediately ridicule what I am offering.
They tend to look quite silly when they are shown to be incorrect. Espeically with their partners. Bu they are the ones I want to help's just unfortunate they are also the ones who resist it the most. (shrug)

• biznet1

Posted November 02, 2005 - 01:29 AM

second picture!!! That sprocket on the left is kinda worn....must have used the wrong lube! :banghead:
Posted Image

Ah.. They look fine! Just stick those suckers back on! Just a little extra CLUTCH when ya need it! :banghead:

• GENE426

Posted November 02, 2005 - 09:04 AM

I chewed up 3 renthals quick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yameehaa450

Posted March 14, 2006 - 12:32 PM

I was wondering what are the specs for your setup I needed to replace my chain and I was unsure of what to get

• GENE426

Posted March 14, 2006 - 03:56 PM

I Have A Ironman 49 Tooth And A Renthal Steel Front In Stock Size With A Did Ert Gold Chain

• bruntz505

Posted March 14, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Save your money and your horsepower.If you moto,do not waste your money on an o-ring or x-ring chain.They cause a lot of drag and non oring chains like the DID ERT have more tensile strength than an oring chain.AFAM/TAG sprockets with a DID ERT chain.All an oring does is seal the rollers and allow you to never adjust your chain.I used to believe in oring chains.I switched to a DID ERT on my 250f and in one season,only had to adjust it once.The chain and sprockets do no good if you don't replace the rollers,rub plate(swingarm),and the wear block(chain guide) when you replace the chain and sprockets.The wear block ruins chains more than anything,especially on a Yamaha.When it is worn,your chain will look loose when it is really in spec and cause you to overtighten,I know from experience.I didn't change my wear parts until after I replaced the chain and sprockets,and when I put my new chain on at factory length,it was too long.I had to remove I think two links to make it tight.After I replaced the wear parts,I couldn't hardly even get the chain back on.My $.02.

• idiot_on_426

Posted March 15, 2006 - 10:16 AM

dont do the sunstar, they are the crappiest sprocket in the world, me and my friend bought are bikes and they came with two or three sunstars and we went through all of them within two months, all of them!!

• RoughR1der

Posted March 15, 2006 - 03:10 PM

glad to hear about the did ert. i asked for an oring did but got this one instead, i was going to return it, but sounds like there's no need to. i dont really care about having to buy new chains one way or the other, new crap is fun :thumbsup:

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.