new chain and sprockets for 04 yz450

68 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hey Satch, how'd you like that, "boyfriend"? :banghead:

why not simply have an Ask Gray board? He could have Scratch moderate!

Is he talking about you, do you suppose, or the devil, or has he raised you to that status? :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 06:52 AM

Ahhh yes. Gray I remember the good ole days when you and I would debate what oil to use and so forth....now we are dating. LMAO

I took DigiBUYmyLube's advice and checked out his other posts on TT. Seems our spelling champion spends the majority of his time arguing politics and religion! And of course the occasional "if you want your chain to last...." posts. All the while showing the spelling aptitude and a 2nd grader.

Jay.....your the man. :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2005 - 07:51 AM

hey gray, they say that simple green is not good for aluminum,it can cause hydrogen embrittlement? the military has stopped using it and related products for this reason. just what i heard,i used to use it and stopped just in case it was true. too bad,cuz it really worked and smelled great. any truth to it?

Hey Bob, sorry I missed this one. I haven't heard that one, but as far as I know, my '01 has been washed with it since it was new. There could be some truth to it, but it may be more important on light gauge aluminum sheet, like aircraft skins. I do know that it needs to be rinsed thoroughly, or it will dull the surface a bit.

Do you have a source reference?

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 08:27 AM

I use Simple Green on my "beer can" framed 250 and it shows no signs of staining or damage. Simple Green actually makes a bottle called "Powersports" cleaner....probably the same stuff but in a neat bottle. That is what I have been using on the 05 YZ250 with excellent results.

Now Castrol Super Clean on the other hand plays havoc on aluminum...stay away from that stuff.

• GENE426

Posted November 01, 2005 - 09:18 AM

http://www.mrmotopro...5B7C8FF540E1350

This is good stuff :banghead: :banghead:

• DigilubeJay

Posted November 01, 2005 - 09:29 AM

Simple Green and it's watered down cousin, Mean Grean ( of Dollar General Store fame) may etch, but it would be negligible and shouldn't really be worried about.
But as well flatulated by the tres rauque Scratch, Castrol Super Clean is a mistake. Very harsh stuff.

If you really want to check out a quality spray cleaner that actually works as advertized, then try Proclean 1000 "Speedclean".
This spray product is absolutely amazing. Wet the bike, and spray it off...with very little scrubbing. Even with my white fenders caked with Oklahoma red clay, the crud nearly rinsed right off using this product. It is obviously a better product than Simple Green when you use them at the same time and compare.

This product was desinged specifically for our sport, and the other products they provide are of top shelf quality. They are definately worth checking out. The owner and staff of this company are as well top notch folks.

NC, as discerning as you obviously are, you may want to check these guys out.
http://www.proclean1.../speedclean.htm

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:13 AM

I can't tell if Jay is being cute by calling me Scratch or if he just misspelled it! LMAO

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:24 AM

And now you're very raucous, and you fart in French. Where will it end?

• biznet1

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:32 AM

so much knowledge and techincal expertise with no formal schooling.....:banghead: :lol:

You mis-spelled technical! :busted: :banghead: :busted: Sorry Satch, I couldn't help myself...

• ncmountainman

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:39 AM

someone thats in the airforce posted that about simple green some time ago,like said it might just be the thinwall stuff. kinda pricey for that pro-clean $40 a gallon,i think i was paying $6 or $7 a gal for simple green. i've started spraying the bike with wd-40 after washing it with just water through my electric pressure washer. the dirt seems to come off easier,i don't think it sticks as bad while riding either. honda HP teflon/moly chain lube seems to be working for me as far as that all goes(i know red can on a blue bike;blasphemy)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2005 - 12:28 PM

Don't tell anyone, but I like Honda grip glue.

Does a high priced moto-specific wash solution seem like an odd recommendation for someone who says that moto-specific oil is a scam to make?

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 01:52 PM

You mis-spelled technical! :lol: :banghead: :busted: Sorry Satch, I couldn't help myself...

:banghead: :busted:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted November 01, 2005 - 02:09 PM

Yes, you should change everything out as a set (counter sprocket, sprocket, and chain), to prevent premature wear on new parts. I went with Renthal, and I am very satisfied with it...very strong and made of a lightweight aluminum. Regina makes the chain, Renthal just supplies the specs. You can get a set for $130.

http://www.renthal.com

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:00 PM

Don't tell anyone, but I like Honda grip glue.

Does a high priced moto-specific wash solution seem like an odd recommendation for someone who says that moto-specific oil is a scam to make?

Ok ....I give ....your killing me!!! I OFFICIALLY WAIVE THE WHITE FLAG ON THIS THREAD !!! :banghead::lol::D:D

At least this thread livened up the ole 400/426/450 forum while we await the arrival of the 06 YZ450F. :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2005 - 03:04 PM

915 views of a thread with no pictures or video....we must be at least entertaining. :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 04:52 PM

First picture!!!!!!
Posted Image

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 04:59 PM

unbelievable...... :banghead: Now it's "Snatch" LMAO....so we are really dealing with a higher intelligence here. Either that or a 14 year old boy! :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted November 01, 2005 - 05:03 PM

second picture!!! That sprocket on the left is kinda worn....must have used the wrong lube! :banghead:
Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2005 - 05:04 PM

unbelievable......

No, unfortunately, not.

• 642MX

Posted November 01, 2005 - 05:13 PM

915 views of a thread with no pictures or video....we must be at least entertaining. :banghead:

This is the most entertaining thread on TT right now. The lube doctor cracks me up. :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.