wr426 vs. yz426

3 replies to this topic
  • jlsutton

Posted August 19, 2001 - 08:20 AM

I'm looking at a large bore for timed enduros. I'm getting conflicting information from the dealerships. What do you know about the differences between the wr426 and the yz426? Pros & Cons? Any information would help from guys who have experience with both!!! Thanks in advance for your help!

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 19, 2001 - 01:56 PM

This is old question number 3, I think. Search the archives in the WR400/WR426 General Discussion using the phrase "yz vs wr". (It's amazing what you'll find in the archives.)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted August 20, 2001 - 07:20 AM

WR, hands down! I just finished a two series season, Enduros and Hare Scrambles on my YZ400 (99'). I got my WR426, and it is much easier to ride. The main differences would be the lower first gear for very tight stuff (and taller final gearing for the jeep roads), the added flywheel weight, and the magic suspension. I only noticed the difference in the suspension while jumping from the WR to the YZ. How did I do a whole season on that buckboard!?
Oh yeh, it also has a spark arrestor, O-ring chain, lights, 18" wheel (it has it's +'s and -'s too), and an odometer...All you need is a real tank/seat combo.

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted August 20, 2001 - 09:04 PM

dont waste your time on yz bikes i own a 99 wr400f and i have 13 -50 relation it works great for motocross and enduro wich y do most sometimes it can get scary believe me those things rip....
just do the mods , yz timing ,stock tank and seat, 13-50gearing if you ride motocross too,
white brothers exahust also change the jettings etc.....
see you in the woods

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.