03 WR450 Flywheel Puller HELP !!

9 replies to this topic
  • Rainman_WFO

Posted October 12, 2005 - 09:58 AM

Guys -

I am finally in need of removing the rotor on my 03 WR450 to replace the starter clutch and will be doing the 04 upgrade while I have everything apart.

Question is: What exactly is the correct puller required to get the rotor off ??

I have searched the forum and found no conclusive thread size for the puller, is it 30mm x 1.5mm RH External or is it 33mm x 1.5mm RH External ??? Does anyone have the CORRECT K & L part number for the puller ??? Does Motion Pro have one now that works ?? I dont want to order the Yamaha puller and would like to know for sure before I order one from one of the other sources !!

Thanks for any and all help you can provide !!

Rainman_WFO
Dixon, CA

• StreetbikePimp

Posted October 12, 2005 - 12:31 PM

I just used a universal gear puller when I pulled mine off. You can find them at any auto parts store.

Your flywheel is probaly loctited on. You'll will have to heat it up with butane torch to get the loctite to break down.

• Spadman450

Posted October 12, 2005 - 01:36 PM

Rainman:

The correct puller for the 03 WR is 30mm x 1.5mm RH External (the 05 uses the 33mm x 1.5mm RH External). K&L sells an aftermarket unit that is part # MP#65 from Dennis Stubblefield Sales, Inc. I actually have an extra new one clear wrapped in the package.

If you are interested pm me.

Regards,

Don E

• Gadsen

Posted October 12, 2005 - 01:41 PM

I have the MP 65 from Stubblefeild. Got it from Ebay.l A guy selling gobs of these pullers and for other bikes. I bought no less than about 10 pullers. I should have everything covered! :banghead:

• ncmountainman

Posted October 13, 2005 - 04:57 PM

Rainman:

The correct puller for the 03 WR is 30mm x 1.5mm RH External (the 05 uses the 33mm x 1.5mm RH External). K&L sells an aftermarket unit that is part # MP#65 from Dennis Stubblefield Sales, Inc. I actually have an extra new one clear wrapped in the package.

If you are interested pm me.

Regards,

Don E

the 04 is 33x1.5 RH ext also ,so if toyoty has the same MP65 that your reccomending someone is wrong :banghead: 03=30mm/ 04-05=33mm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:45 PM

the 04 is 33x1.5 RH ext also ,so if toyoty has the same MP65 that your reccomending someone is wrong :banghead: 03=30mm/ 04-05=33mm

NC/MM, I do have the Stubblefeild for the WR450, it is the MP65 and you are right, its 30X1.5. So I assume I dont have the right one! :lol: Man, all this time I thought I had the correct puller! Anyone need a new puller for an 03 WR450F? :lol: Hey, the original poster of this thread does! Drop me a PM if ya still need it! :banghead:

• Spadman450

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:09 PM

I am sorry I gave out the wrong info on the 2004 flywheel puller.

I was under the belief that the crankshaft/rotor change was effective in 2005, but further checking shows the 2004 does indeed have the same numbers as the 2005.

Don E :banghead:

• Rainman_WFO

Posted October 13, 2005 - 09:18 PM

Thanks a lot guys !!!
I found one at Denniskirk.com and it is the MP65, which is apparently the right one.

Curiously though, they show the MP65 (DennisKirk P/N 282310) as fitting the 03,04 & 05 year models. :banghead:

Thanks again for info everyone. I should be back to this :banghead: soon !!

Rainman_WFO

• ncmountainman

Posted October 14, 2005 - 02:00 PM

Thanks a lot guys !!!
I found one at Denniskirk.com and it is the MP65, which is apparently the right one.

Curiously though, they show the MP65 (DennisKirk P/N 282310) as fitting the 03,04 & 05 year models. :banghead:

Thanks again for info everyone. I should be back to this :lol: soon !!

Rainman_WFO

well someone thats the manufacturer of the dang things should know what fits what,but i will say that whats on his website is misinformation and should be brought to his attention. i know firsthand the 03 and 04-05 are different :banghead:

• pops 56

Posted May 04, 2006 - 02:57 AM

Bugger. I slap myself again for not doing a search here....Just sent away for a flywheel puller MP65 For a wr450f 2004 now it seems that i just orderd the wrong one.Thanks for the Info. Will try to cancel the order now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.