Honda A Team

50 replies to this topic
  • Cosmo

Posted October 16, 2005 - 08:05 AM

Latest word on Pastrana.He was to race the GH24hour race with Brian Deegan and others.The word is he went out early with a collarbone break.I had read where he was to ride on an open bike(he is entered)then on a quad.Then get into a ProTruck.Jesse james from Monster Garage driving a Trophy Truck. Sorry for getting sidetracked here.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 17, 2005 - 11:44 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb here......There will NOT be a "factory" KTM in the top 10 OA at the B1K.

Pastrana on a bike in Baja is a really bad thing. That's an accident looking for a place to happen.

Pastrana in a Pro Truck is cool. He needs a cage. With RJ in the PT makes sense and will be good because that PT team has proven to be solid and "mike l." knows whats up so I believe it.

Childress with Campbell and Henge is cool and Bell/Norman/Cody are solid and we just hope that Childress can harness his talent and listen to the boss (BO) and chill out because as Kritter said his luck can only hold out for so long.

Jesse James in a truck is cool too.

• irondude

Posted October 17, 2005 - 01:10 PM

yep...KTM has blown it.

This was one very good chance they had to win the Baja 1000.

They should have gone with the XC540/570 bike. That bike has an advantage on this VERY slow/tight baja course. This is by far the most technical 1000 in years.

Next year KTM will have the chance to win the drag race to La Paz--but this years much more hair scrambles like race course will be hard on a big heavy LC4 like bike.

Call me a rascal buy i am backing out of any bets. I didnt realize KTM was so ignorant/poorly managed.

Jeez--something just hit me.
With KTM on the LC4 monster, and Honda on the 650R....
the 239lb 52hp Husqvarna we will be on is probably the best bike on the starting line for this course...to bad i'm so old and slow. :banghead:

• Cosmo

Posted October 17, 2005 - 07:57 PM

No backing out on the $20.00! I allready got it spent upstairs at "Paris"!!

• don87xr600

Posted October 17, 2005 - 09:50 PM

Why is this Johnny Campbell's last race on the Honda "A" team?

As far as the cheating goes, I certainly don't approve of it, but it seems to happen in every sport: Nascar teams, all professional sports, etc. In Dust To Glory they said the checkpoints are hidden and riders strayiong from the marked course ran the risk of missing them. That seems reasonable to me. Was that not true?

I only began having an interest in motorcycling the last 2 years when I began to ride, and I really enjoyed watching Campbell race. Is he going to continue riding professionally?

A Helicopter can't miss a checkpoint. If it's not fair to everyone it not fair and everyone doesn't have a helicopter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted October 18, 2005 - 07:44 AM

A Helicopter can't miss a checkpoint. If it's not fair to everyone it not fair and everyone doesn't have a helicopter.

:banghead: Did I miss something?

• Docmarkw

Posted October 18, 2005 - 09:45 AM

Where can I find the actual course layout for this year's race? I would like to possibly go down and be a spectator. I checked out www.score-international.com/, but don't see any thing regarding the course layout.

• Supplicate

Posted October 18, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Where can I find the actual course layout for this year's race? I would like to possibly go down and be a spectator. I checked out www.score-international.com/, but don't see any thing regarding the course layout.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=297974

http://www.score-int...000/index.ihtml

look around there, it has a link that says "course maps"

• Docmarkw

Posted October 18, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Thanks I found it, right there in front of my face. As my father used to tell me any closer it's going to bite you.

• ThunderChicken

Posted October 18, 2005 - 08:43 PM

granted, but there is something to be said for being the first vehicle through the course... i.e. having an eye in the sky watching for booby traps, closed gates, and most importanly other vehicles on the course going the wrong direction.

and for what it's worth, i've heard of several occasions where that helicopter was used to come to the aid of the competition in safety/rescue situations....

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 18, 2005 - 09:16 PM

granted, but there is something to be said for being the first vehicle through the course... i.e. having an eye in the sky watching for booby traps, closed gates, and most importanly other vehicles on the course going the wrong direction.
and for what it's worth, i've heard of several occasions where that helicopter was used to come to the aid of the competition in safety/rescue situations....

Completely agree.

And in 2000, Honda didn't run a helicopter and we (our team) thought, Wow, now we can really honestly see how we stack up against them and this will be a good race....
It was a good race, we ended up 3rd OverAll. BUt the Honda "A" Team STILL put just as much time on us as usual!! It was such a bummer to see we STILL couldn't hang!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.