Honda A Team

50 replies to this topic
  • Supplicate

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:23 PM

whoaaaaaanelly, this thread went into the dumper quick.

I'm rooting for KTM even though I own honda.

• PowerCell

Posted October 13, 2005 - 09:20 PM

Geeze ID! Lighten up and take your prozac... it's all in good fun.

So you and me - we're on for twenty. It'll be good, clean fun and liven-up the race a bit... I'll even let you pay me in cervesas!

Do I want KTM to win? Sure, it would be great to see 'em run out front and never look back. Let's see 'em do it on the new 950SE!

But honestly, I don't think they want it bad enough. Baja's too removed from their comfort zone to commit the money, time and personnel to really make it happen.

... we'll see...

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:00 AM

Whoa....easy boys....

$20?
I'll put mine on Honda 'A'.
I'd also venture a guess at the 1st KTM being 4th OA (and the first CRF at 7th OA and the 1st BMW at 21st OA).

Mouse in a truck and also Pastrana in a truck....interesting. I wonder if they could both be in the same truck.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:11 AM

I would also like to take the bet that Honda's A team will take the overall.. I sure wish Chris was still on a 650. It was only time before we would see him take over the raines. But, at least KTM has recognized his talents and treats him like the fast pro he is..

• Supplicate

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:33 AM

Mouse in a truck

Mouse is in a truck? :banghead:

wouldn't have thought he would want to go that route... unless he's getting tired of injuries.

• qadsan

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:39 AM

...I sure wish Chris was still on a 650. It was only time before we would see him take over the raines..

Me too. He's a nice guy and so is the rest of his family (good values, etc) from what I know. I think he has the talent to stay at or near the front in many of the races if he had enough support behind him. I'd like to see Chris win on any bike whether it's a KTM or Honda, but I miss the days of seeing him ride red.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:59 AM

Talksalotdude?

go **** yourself old man.

You are a useless **** and so full of your own shit its not even funny.

You are slow, dont know baja, and just ****ed yourself in the ass.

Baja is a small place--and i will **** you over down there one day.

Back down bitch.

Wow...

You need punched in the throat after that...

I dont even have an opinion on who'll win this, but that retort is way outa line...

• tp3dxf

Posted October 14, 2005 - 09:35 AM

I am happy to see Mikey on the A team. I guess his 500 win opened a few eyes. To bad Mouse is hurt. It would have been cool to see how they would have stacked up to Heng and Cambell.

It's good to see D-37 riders doing well in Baja.

• hill5150

Posted October 14, 2005 - 09:35 AM

He's the man with the helicopter above him telling him where to cut the course. Thats all he is.

Fast? Yeah-relatively fast. But not even close to being the fastest guy in baja. Fast enough to dominate for 10 years without cheating? No.

Sorry to break the news to ya. Yeah he used to be my idol also. Then i followed his tracks out accross the cheater lines...sad but true. Every vet racer in baja has had enough of Honda cheating. Now their house of cards is crashing down on them.

I hate cheaters. Liers. Con-artists. Bullshiters. Have no patience for them.

It's called technology,money, and real good riding skills,Old Man Ivan Stewart used Helicopters, lots of them, I've seen them, and he's a cheater too backed by Toyota Motorsports for years and years, it is called Corporation, it's here it isn't going away ever and I don't like it any more than you do, but Johnny will outride anyone anyday anywhere.We need to work harder apparently, so we can buy Helicopters, and sophisticated Sat Nav systems and have multiple bikes ready to go when needed.........I'm ready to work harder now,thanks............ :banghead:

• Cosmo

Posted October 14, 2005 - 03:24 PM

ShawnMC,where and who said all that you quoted?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmhrc630

Posted October 14, 2005 - 03:39 PM

is it just conjecture that Honda cheats or is it the considered opinion that it's true?

if it is then I am shattered - I idolise campbell et at and the others.

is it really possible Irondude for them to cheat? Is the cheating allegation widespread and known well amongst you southern californian racers?

• irondude

Posted October 14, 2005 - 04:13 PM

Please accept my apology for going over the top on my post to Cosmo.

I felt being called "talksalotdude" was an personal attack-and it sent me into pissed off mode big time- i have NEVER before attacked anyone personally on here--i broke my own code of ethics, that of TT, and I truly regreat it.

I value being a part of this community and struggle to keep it both interesting and thought provoking while not hurtfull.

Clearly i crossed the line and i again i wish i could take it back and i do regret it...

Sincerely-
Mike "irondude" Kay.

• PowerCell

Posted October 14, 2005 - 04:20 PM

No harm done here... tell it to Cosmo...

In fact, let's change the bet to a single "cervesa of victory" since so many are willing to take you up on your wager. If Honda "A" wins OA, several people here get a free beer (you gotta be present at Husong's Saturday night to collect your beer) - if they come in any other position, you get drunk...

• Cosmo

Posted October 14, 2005 - 05:17 PM

IronDude,apology accepted! Free beer? I'm in for the $20.00 cash.I'm just looking forward to a good race.Looking forward to prerunning in a couple of weeks.Hope this warm weather holds out.

• Blue Man

Posted October 14, 2005 - 07:11 PM

You could put the Honda A team on a 250 and they would still beat 99.5% of anyone out there or here. I have seen Norman OA a District 37 race on a CR 125 and Dodson on an RM 250. IT IS the rider and not the bike, helicopters, radios, or prerunning. I cant remember exactily but Mikey started 14th at the 500 and was 4th by like mile 50?

• Kritter

Posted October 15, 2005 - 10:23 AM

"I cant remember exactily but Mikey started 14th at the 500 and was 4th by like mile 50"

that says he gambles and takes big risks more then anything...sometimes they pay off like at the 500...sometimes they dont like last year when it was "a car came to me head on and I went off a cliff"...on lookers said there was no car coming backwards on course it was just him riding over his head and off a cliff...

or coming into a pit so hot he takes out a pit crew member....

the guy can ride and is very fast but I think luck isnt going to be on his side one time and its gonna suck...

When asked "how do you ride so fast in the dust?" "I just pin it and hold on"...I dont think Johnny or Steve would ever say that!

If KTM would stop having grider and chris riding the big ass bikes down there and put them on a 525...they would do better.

and yes honda does cheat...its baja, it sucks, but to those who put in the most time down there and have the best "lines" rock on. That is why the honda B team and the honda A team do not commmunicate on the same frequence during the race...they only get to know some of the good lines, not all...ask Chris Blais about it....

• Ramcc4x4

Posted October 15, 2005 - 04:10 PM

Why is this Johnny Campbell's last race on the Honda "A" team?

As far as the cheating goes, I certainly don't approve of it, but it seems to happen in every sport: Nascar teams, all professional sports, etc. In Dust To Glory they said the checkpoints are hidden and riders strayiong from the marked course ran the risk of missing them. That seems reasonable to me. Was that not true?

I only began having an interest in motorcycling the last 2 years when I began to ride, and I really enjoyed watching Campbell race. Is he going to continue riding professionally?

• Mike_L.

Posted October 15, 2005 - 08:51 PM

Whoa....easy boys....

$20?
I'll put mine on Honda 'A'.
I'd also venture a guess at the 1st KTM being 4th OA (and the first CRF at 7th OA and the 1st BMW at 21st OA).

Mouse in a truck and also Pastrana in a truck....interesting. I wonder if they could both be in the same truck.

If, and only if Pastrana puts it together it will be with Ricky Johnson.

Call me dude! :banghead:

• malevolent73

Posted October 15, 2005 - 09:19 PM

sorry to hi-jack... but what day is the race, and will it be televised at all???

• Supplicate

Posted October 16, 2005 - 07:02 AM

sorry to hi-jack... but what day is the race, and will it be televised at all???

http://www.score-international.com

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.