Honda A Team

50 replies to this topic
  • Blue Man

Posted October 11, 2005 - 08:41 PM

This year will be Campbell, Henge, and Mike Childress. Just got word.

• DRZ_Motorsports_119

Posted October 11, 2005 - 09:12 PM

-Sounds good.....And The B Team will be Norman/Bell/?????
-Who will ride the XR's ONly Bike (Dempsey)??
-And Mouse McCoy continues to be injured???

Let's see what KTM/Red Bull Team riders will race and how many bikes, and for the race course it will be tough and technical, 13-14 hrs. for the overall bike, if KTM races the XC525 it will give Honda a good race for the Overall.

DRZ Motorsports 119

• irondude

Posted October 11, 2005 - 09:32 PM

what pu$$ies.
709 miles for 3 guys?
thats only 236.3 miles each...or (2) 115 mile rides.
Last time they did this course--its almost exactly the same--they only had 2 guys...

THATS PATHETIC.

They are running scared. Straight up.

I'm sure Honda promised Mikey some other stuff.
This is Johnny Cambell last pro race? Mikey becomes the Heng's partner?

I've got $20 says they dont overall it.

• DRZ_Motorsports_119

Posted October 11, 2005 - 09:43 PM

Very very true............This race is Johnny's last race has Honda Factory Member, Mike Childress racing with Henge, next year for Honda, interesting. I saw in another forum that KTM want's the B1000 very bad, and maybe marc coma and some other uero guys from KTM will be racing in the future..?????

And what about the husky factory team that was gonna race in baja??? any rumors???

2006 Season will be good.........Lets see what happens

DRZ Motorsports 119

• roadcam

Posted October 12, 2005 - 05:39 AM

maybe they're going to 3 riders, because they're getting older and more beat-up ?? :banghead:

• don87xr600

Posted October 12, 2005 - 06:44 AM

Mouse will be in a truck this race, more info on the d37 website.

• irondude

Posted October 12, 2005 - 10:17 AM

After more thought i came up with this:
KTM should have picked up Childress. He would have been a good rider to go with the other 3 'dakar' guys.
Good move for Honda, bad for XR's Only--will he be fired?
Missed opportunity for KTM. Hindsight is 20/20 :banghead:

Anyway its going to be a really interesting 1000. First time in a decade the 1X plate is up for grabs. KTM has gotten a bit of time to get a system worked out down there...as long as they park the 710 and race the light bike they have a strong chance.

• DRZ_Motorsports_119

Posted October 12, 2005 - 02:28 PM

I agree KTM should park the big 700 LC4 and race the XC525, for this year's course that will be rough and technical, they won San felipe with the MXC525 and live the big four stroke next year for the race to La Paz (rumor has it that chances are that will start from tijuana to la paz).

DRZ Motorsports 119

• Blue Man

Posted October 12, 2005 - 05:12 PM

I would not say the Honda A team are Pu$$ys, they can beat anyone. This race course is said to be rough, very rough. I think the KTM team only won SF because of a Honda mechanical, and it is very whooped out. Mikey will not FIRED from XRs, they are happy for him. Mikey was not even invited to the Dakar rider search, hard to get picked up.

• irondude

Posted October 12, 2005 - 06:36 PM

[quote name='Blue Man']I would not say the Honda A team are Pu$$ys, they can beat anyone. QUOTE]

Major Baja races in 2005:

Tecate Hare Scrambles? KTM
SF250? KTM
Baja 500? XR's Only

They only dominated becouse they cheated so so so so so much.
Watch Dust to Glory....its not only against the rules to go more than 50 ft off a SCORE race course--its a federal offense in Mexico to ride on ANY beach!
....and that shot was just the tip of the iceberg.

Honda is capable of winning some of the time....but they will never again win all of the time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blue Man

Posted October 12, 2005 - 07:23 PM

Tecate was won by Kendal Norman-Honda
SF 250 -KTM with the ex Honda B team-while the honda would not roll
B500-on a bike built by an ex honda guy now riding for KTM

I agree about the beach shot

Now that Mikey is with Steve and they both have a Distrct 37 roots, whoops are not a problem and Mikey is the fastest guy in Mexico right now.

• Tom81

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:21 AM

okay.. so who is this Mike Childress guy anyway???

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:12 PM

okay.. so who is this Mike Childress guy anyway???

Basically just a very fast Southern California desert racer who's put in some good rides and D37 seasons including almost single handedly winning the OverAll at the '05 Baja 500. Unfortunately he didn't get the credit he deserved for the Baja 500 win, his partner got the credit (while he rode about 380 miles nad his partner rode about 105, but it is the Team effort that counts). With the lead Childress had he probably could have stayed on the bike and still won the 500. He's young and it looks like the racing thing is coming together for him now.

• PowerCell

Posted October 13, 2005 - 02:14 PM

Childress??? Oh yeah, that guy... I guess he was kinda fast at the 500... :banghead:

Where's his partner... :banghead:

• hill5150

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:14 PM

what pu$$ies.
709 miles for 3 guys?
Last time they did this course--its almost exactly the same--they only had 2 guys...

THATS PATHETIC.

$20.00???? That's it.................. :banghead: Johnny Campbell is THE MAN...................... :banghead:

• PowerCell

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:53 PM

what pu$$ies.
709 miles for 3 guys?

THATS PATHETIC.

I'll take that bet... $20 says Honda A takes overall... :banghead:

• Blue Man

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:44 PM

Iron Dude, I will take that bet, just to clarify, we are talking OA bikes right, ah hell it doesn't matter. I will take that bet and raise it to 50 bucks if you will go there? I will be in Baja with the DP Racing 250 class guys on Wed. If I win, 50 bucks will get us alot of Tecates. Are you riding with Rob this year?

• irondude

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:57 PM

Before i place any bets i want to make sure the GPS recorders are being used.
There isnt anything on the SCORE site about them.

If there isnt any tracking -- then of course Honda will "win" even if they have to helicopter the bike accross the desert.

BUT--if its really a race and not a parade--then hell yes you guys are on!

• Cosmo

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:02 PM

Talksalotdude,I'll take that bet also.

• irondude

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:03 PM

Johnny Campbell is THE MAN...................... :banghead:

He's the man with the helicopter above him telling him where to cut the course. Thats all he is.

Fast? Yeah-relatively fast. But not even close to being the fastest guy in baja. Fast enough to dominate for 10 years without cheating? No.

Sorry to break the news to ya. Yeah he used to be my idol also. Then i followed his tracks out accross the cheater lines...sad but true. Every vet racer in baja has had enough of Honda cheating. Now their house of cards is crashing down on them.

I hate cheaters. Liers. Con-artists. Bullshiters. Have no patience for them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.