chock(up or down) on XR650R ?

9 replies to this topic
  • al_piv

Posted October 11, 2005 - 06:26 PM

There is no question, I am a new XR650R owner and just un-corked it!
Yet, not sure of choke position, up is choke-on or choke-off?

Also, after setting the new jets, new carb boot and exhaust tip, it is not going to idle as quick as my KTM does, any suggestions?

Yes, choke not chock! :banghead:

• GIANTac1

Posted October 11, 2005 - 06:30 PM

are you referring to the "choke"?

• Max Power

Posted October 11, 2005 - 06:32 PM

:banghead:

• GIANTac1

Posted October 11, 2005 - 06:38 PM

hey dude, its cool. up on, down off... :banghead:

• al_piv

Posted October 11, 2005 - 06:49 PM

Ok, great, then it is working as designed...
No worries about offending anyone, I can laugh at myself as much as I do others.
Heck, you should see me ride (LOL)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • al_piv

Posted October 12, 2005 - 04:53 AM

Still one oustanding question if any who knows wouldn't mind:
after setting the new jets, new carb boot and exhaust tip, it is not going to idle as quick as my KTM does, any suggestions?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 12, 2005 - 07:32 AM

Still one oustanding question if any who knows wouldn't mind:
after setting the new jets, new carb boot and exhaust tip, it is not going to idle as quick as my KTM does, any suggestions?

Are you talking about the actual idle RPM speed or the time it takes to idle normally after its been started and warmed up?

• al_piv

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:09 PM

it is more in that I rev up the motor let go of the grip it snaps back and it takes time to idle down..
I believe there may be a vac/air leak..
does anyone have a diagram of the vac lines on the stock carb?

• Fordskin

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:40 PM

This is a common prob for new 650 owners. Notice how tight the cables pull around the front of the tank. My throttle actually opens when i turn the bars hard left. Although i never had the slow idle down prob with mine there are many that have but they all say it goes away after you run it in because the cables just free up a bit.I am interested to know what your first impressions are of the bike. :banghead:

• al_piv

Posted October 13, 2005 - 05:53 PM

This is a common prob for new 650 owners. Notice how tight the cables pull around the front of the tank. My throttle actually opens when i turn the bars hard left. Although i never had the slow idle down prob with mine there are many that have but they all say it goes away after you run it in because the cables just free up a bit.I am interested to know what your first impressions are of the bike. :banghead:

I think I am missing a hose off the right side of the carb --could be vacuum line..

Posted Image
The fitting points straight out of the right side of the carb #27..
Needing length of hose if anyone has it or can measure it.

Right now the bike has come alive since I un-corked it with the following parts:
Link
Ordered the parts through OEMThumperTalk and they had the best price.
I shopped around three different local dealers and they out did any of them.

Only time will tell with this bike, I am planning a long 700 mile trip in the spring (SpringTAT) and mapping routes here in Indiana.

thanks to those who have contributed!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.