Fuel Injected

5 replies to this topic
  • Emiliano

Posted October 11, 2005 - 09:06 AM

When do you think Yamaha or the other jap manufactors are gona make fuel injected dirt bikes?
I'm just curios and I believe 2008 or 2009 models are gonna come with this technology.
What do you think?

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 11, 2005 - 09:59 AM

2007 Yamaha!

• Ga426owner

Posted October 11, 2005 - 11:14 AM

man I just want the 06 to come out :banghead: .....FI is cool maybe in 07 or 08..see if anyone has it at the Jap Nationals

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted October 11, 2005 - 06:23 PM

well the 700 raptor is the first yamaha dirt bike to go production with EFI. Looks very similar to something out of an early 90s Speed Density car system.

My guess is that bike is the test market for EFI on the offroad production line.

• chrdog

Posted October 11, 2005 - 08:51 PM

i dont understand why they havent switched over to it yet. does it weigh more or something? because it seems as far as adjustability and versatility goes, efi is where its at. on streetbikes, carbs were mostly gone 6-7 years ago.

then again, if a nuclear holocaust hits...my thumper will still be working :banghead:

• sirthumpalot

Posted October 12, 2005 - 04:45 AM

Just like anything else, eventually it will be much better than carbed. The first version or two might have some hickups, then they'll get it right and no one will look back!

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.