Couple of questoins

2 replies to this topic
  • Big Tim

Posted October 11, 2005 - 12:02 AM

I found the bike I have been looking for and I am picking it up soon.
2000 WR 400 With Hotcams, GYTR Carbon ex, Scotts Steering stabelizer and a bunch of other stuff.
I had a couple of questions.
What should I look for when picking it up?

What are the first things should do when I get it home?

What can I do to help increase the bottom end power?

Has anyone gone with bigger Valves? Does Kipple White make them?

Has anyone ever used the Carbon Fiber airbox and did it help anything or just look really cool?

Does the 2000 WR400 have a high speed compression adjuster?

That should be enough questions for now.

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 11, 2005 - 04:03 AM

First thing to do on that old bike is to check the valve clearances and shim to spec.

Jetting the old beasts were a nightmare. Search this forum for BK mods and jetting old posts from a few years ago.

Get an aftermarket FMF Powercore type pipe and Power now for more bottom end.

New valves like kibblewhite SS are a great idea an they do come oversize.
You will have to send the head out to have new seats cut and the head modified for the larger valves. You could always buy a replacement head complete from Yamaha

Dont think a carbon air box wil do much for you. :banghead:

• Bamster

Posted October 11, 2005 - 05:09 AM

Grease every bearing in the linkage and stering stem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.