I need single spokes for my 04 WR450

9 replies to this topic
  • montanaWR250F

Posted October 10, 2005 - 08:34 PM

Talked to my Yamaha parts guy and was told that I had to buy the entire set of spokes and cant order one spoke for each side and was going to order a couple just to have as a spare. Is this true? Anyone have some spokes laying around garage. First Yammie spoke that I have broken in 5 years of WR's. I know I can get lots of KTM spokes. :banghead:

• tshe1

Posted October 10, 2005 - 10:46 PM

yes its true, you can't buy several spokes you must buy the entire set (from store).
look at EBAY maybe you will fined some, but make sure you choosing the right one (dimensions).
i got one missing at the front for a year and until now it works o.k (not recommended), make sure the tention of the spokes are like in the manual.

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 11, 2005 - 05:36 PM

Talked to my Yamaha parts guy and was told that I had to buy the entire set of spokes and cant order one spoke for each side and was going to order a couple just to have as a spare. Is this true? Anyone have some spokes laying around garage. First Yammie spoke that I have broken in 5 years of WR's. I know I can get lots of KTM spokes. :banghead:

Front or rear? I found a set of excel spokes for the rear on ebay, I paid $20 + shipping I only needed one, heres the deal though, they use a weird wrench, the spoke nipple is cogged. I would help you out if you needed the rear but I don't want to give up the wrench that came with the spokes.

Are your nipples still in the rim, and are they still good?

• montanaWR250F

Posted October 11, 2005 - 09:17 PM

Rear spokes. 18 inch wheel. Thanks for the offer but can live with missing one spoke until I can get OEM spoke or I can try your spokes if they are same thread. Have lots of nipples from other past bikes and worth a shot. PM me if can help.

• RichBaker

Posted October 12, 2005 - 03:25 PM

Some shops, such as my local Yamaha shop, will sell single spokes. They realize that we don't always need a full set. So, yes, the good shops will sell singles!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slipnslide

Posted October 12, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Try Buchanan's. They sell tons of different spokes, including custom sizes. http://www.buchananspokes.com/ Hope that helps. :banghead:

• ddialogue

Posted October 12, 2005 - 07:18 PM

Some shops, such as my local Yamaha shop, will sell single spokes. They realize that we don't always need a full set. So, yes, the good shops will sell singles!

Our local shop sells singles too... :banghead:

• BVille870

Posted October 23, 2005 - 06:45 PM

I am in the same boat since this past weekend. Local shop doesn't sell singles and i have one spoke broken at the hubs end. Can any body help us?
SJMC DON can I make something work in my shop to use on the nipple? I will buy like 4 of these from you if I can get something ot work. Will the stock nipple fit the treads o nthe excel spoke? My wheel is apart so I could use the stock nipple. Thanks

• SJMC_DON

Posted October 23, 2005 - 07:32 PM

I am in the same boat since this past weekend. Local shop doesn't sell singles and i have one spoke broken at the hubs end. Can any body help us?
SJMC DON can I make something work in my shop to use on the nipple? I will buy like 4 of these from you if I can get something ot work. Will the stock nipple fit the treads o nthe excel spoke? My wheel is apart so I could use the stock nipple. Thanks

I sent you a PM re: spokes.

• BVille870

Posted October 24, 2005 - 01:31 PM

sent u a PM Don Thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.